Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > WOOOOOWW!!!!!!! Jaguar is super fast!!!!!!!

WOOOOOWW!!!!!!! Jaguar is super fast!!!!!!!
phobos
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2002, 08:18 PM

Just got my copy of jahuar today and installed it on my 667DVI powerbook. Well all I can say is that my machine is super fast now!! Doesn't hang when a program closes, startups on all of the programs are fast quartz helps a lot!!! It's EXCELLENT.Wow it's like I bought a new machine.Very impressive.
Plus all the new feautures on all of the programs are GREAT.(preview for example.
The only thing that I haven't tested is the fan that I think comes on more often but I'm not sure about that.

I should have had this copy of jaguar for free but at this point I don't care at all.Who gives a $hit about 50 euros when your machine is like a speed demon now....

EDIT: Just tried inkwell. THIS IS GREAAAT!!!!! Wow!!!!!!
( Last edited by phobos; Oct 18, 2002 at 08:26 PM. )

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2002, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by phobos:
Just got my copy of jahuar today and installed it on my 667DVI powerbook. Well all I can say is that my machine is super fast now!! Doesn't hang when a program closes, startups on all of the programs are fast quartz helps a lot!!! It's EXCELLENT.Wow it's like I bought a new machine.Very impressive.
Plus all the new feautures on all of the programs are GREAT.(preview for example.
The only thing that I haven't tested is the fan that I think comes on more often but I'm not sure about that.

I should have had this copy of jaguar for free but at this point I don't care at all.Who gives a $hit about 50 euros when your machine is like a speed demon now....

EDIT: Just tried inkwell. THIS IS GREAAAT!!!!! Wow!!!!!!
too bad my PB G4 400 didn't feel like a new machine when i installed it :-(

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2002, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by solidage:

too bad my PB G4 400 didn't feel like a new machine when i installed it :-(
You probably know, but this is because the Rage 128 isn't supported by Quartz Extreme. His machine's a ton faster because many GUI effects have been offloaded to the GPU (RADEON Mobility 7500).

Unfortunately, since both the CPU and GPU are working at the same time, more heat is generated and as a result, fans come on more often, longer, and louder.

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2002, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:

You probably know, but this is because the Rage 128 isn't supported by Quartz Extreme. His machine's a ton faster because many GUI effects have been offloaded to the GPU (RADEON Mobility 7500).

Unfortunately, since both the CPU and GPU are working at the same time, more heat is generated and as a result, fans come on more often, longer, and louder.
plus if he has it on his lap, he is scolding himself
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 21, 2002, 01:10 PM

Scolding or scalding (or both)?

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules