Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > So is everyone enjoying the Bush RECESSION?

So is everyone enjoying the Bush RECESSION? (Page 2)
MacTheRiverRat  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Why on earth would you say that about a man who attained the highest office in the world and your President? Are you the biggest idiot of Burger King in 54 years?
Hmmmmm! Lets see here.

The Great Bush RECESSION!

http://tinyurl.com/932amq

My bad most BLIND BUSH following idiots have their hands over their ears and eyes screaming " ALL IS WELL".
Life of working on a Mississippi River Towboat
Apple 2, Apple 2e, Mac 128-k , PowerPC 6115, Imac 233, ibook 900 Mhz
Now an Aluminum 13" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB SDRAM

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2009, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by MacTheRiverRat View Post
Hmmmmm! Lets see here.

The Great Bush RECESSION!

http://tinyurl.com/932amq

My bad most BLIND BUSH following idiots have their hands over their ears and eyes screaming " ALL IS WELL".
So... you googled "layoffs". That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not our President is an idiot. Can you list for me all the things Bush has done himself that caused the RECESSION? While we're at it, tell me how Obama's plan to get us out of this mess is any different than what Bush has been doing?

You started off talking about how the only way the GOP can win an election is by stealing it, I challenged you, you came up with one example to show you don't know how the electoral college system works, and folks came out of the woodwork to correct you. I like how this is going Mac. You represent your ilk rather well.

How am I a "Bush follower"? What does that even mean?
ebuddy

MacTheRiverRat  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2009, 04:32 PM

48 hours left of the biggest idiot to be President in 232 years.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2009, 11:31 PM

Bush is a poopy-butt stink face

ebuddy

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2009, 07:48 AM

Yeah..what he said.

I don't think that there are any Bush followers or supporters who believe "ALL IS WELL". I just don't think that they are as stupid as some Bush bashers are who want to somehow find a way to justify their claim that our current state of affairs is all (or mostly) Bush's fault.

He wasn't the guy telling us that the way the banking/housing industry was going was essentially without risk and was pushing to allow them to do riskier and riskier things which eventually led to financial melt-down. That was Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and several of the shysters behind Freddie and Fannie. Those are the guys you can thank for the current credit crunch and lay-offs...not Bush.

The credit implosion happened while the economy wasn't in great shape, but hardly the "worst in a thousand years" that the Democrats and pundits seemed to repeat in order to try and push a Democrat into the White House. Regardless of what an economist might tell you, you can "talk the economy down" if you are persuasive enough. With the help of the media (and the fact that the economy could have been better to begin with), you're not going to quickly recover - especially if after you're already told the economy is terrible you have something happens that actually does make things really bad. Barney Frank bought the shovels. Bush and most of the rest of Congress watched them load up their trucks, the Democrats complained that the pothole in the road was really a giant sinkhole, then Barney and Chris and Co. took their shovels and loaded TNT into the pothole. The rest, is history.

But hey, when a couple of really crooked Democrats go on the record as vouching for a scheme that ends up failing BIG TIME, you've got to do what you can do to CYA and blame it on Bush. We get it. I'm pretty sure though that the record is pretty clear about what happened and history will record that it wasn't Bush, the Republicans or the Democrat congress in general who were at fault other than letting a few sh%t weasels get away with robbing the American people while saying that they were just trying to help poor people get homes (they in no way could afford). I'm still amazed that Barney Frank is still allowed in Congress and isn't already in jail. Chris Dodd got bribes and somehow has managed to not even be charged, no less impeached.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Jan 19, 2009 at 08:41 AM. )

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 19, 2009, 09:19 PM

I forgot to say bye.
ebuddy

MacTheRiverRat  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2009, 01:10 AM

Bush won his WAR ON AMERICA!

BUSH RECESSION,

THANK GOD THAT THIS IS HIS LAST DAYS IN OFFICE.

Compassionate conservatism = TOTAL FAILURE!

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2009, 04:07 AM

Bush won his WAR ON AMERICA!

BUSH RECESSION,

THANK GOD THAT THIS IS HIS LAST DAYS IN OFFICE.

Compassionate conservatism = TOTAL FAILURE!
But now you'll have CHANGE. If you hurry, you'll be able to count the last of it.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2009, 04:08 AM

48 hours left of the biggest idiot to be President in 232 years.
Who? Carter? You're about 28 years too late.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2009, 12:01 PM

goodbye dumb dumb

FeLiZeCaT
Senior User
Jan 20, 2009, 07:52 PM

Funny. After several years away from this forum, things do not change in house ('cept for the beautiful design).

Funnier: the world around has changed, and although a lot of people in these pages tried to express their worst fears and concerns for the future of America, the same naysayers of yesterday remain in their position.

I guess it is reassuring to see that the world outside does change...
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going flat-out, than some people in their lifetime

- Burt

finboy
Jan 21, 2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
The Community Reinvestment Act is not to blame for the housing and mortgage crisis (which seems to have precipitated everything else). It's the (never have been regulated) mortgage broker profiteers who used the CRA to pressure banks to make bad loans (or swindled banks into making these loans) and the profiteers in the banking industry itself who jumped on the bandwagon of "making money by making loans" whether they were a good idea or not. It was "maximize investor return over good business practices." It was, frankly, unbridled greed, not a political party, an executive, or any other single entity. Greed.
CRA isn't to blame, it was a good idea. The IMPLEMENTATION of CRA with respect to large banks (with or without independent mortgage bankers until just recently) was problematic. But CRA was a great example of how legislation matures over time and has to be tweaked to be effective. It was effective -- but it also prompted community organizers (such as Barack Hussein Obama, back in the day) to sue banks over "equal access." Starting way back when. This attention to something that wasn't ever going to happen anyway caused a lot of the move toward looking at home ownership numbers (along with a study out of New England in the early 90s).

Greed pushed things along in recent years, greed of mortgage bankers, developers (esp. in some markets) and others. But it was the greed for votes and political indebtedness that drove most of it. "Look what we did for you" and instead of a chicken in ever pot it was a house for everyone.

I think, too, it was a move to drive the middle class under. Devalue our homes (and our 401k for that matter) and we start to be motivated by class warfare types. Saul Alinsky would be proud.

finboy
Jan 21, 2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
Regardless of what an economist might tell you, you can "talk the economy down" if you are persuasive enough. With the help of the media (and the fact that the economy could have been better to begin with), you're not going to quickly recover - especially if after you're already told the economy is terrible you have something happens that actually does make things really bad. Barney Frank bought the shovels. Bush and most of the rest of Congress watched them load up their trucks, the Democrats complained that the pothole in the road was really a giant sinkhole, then Barney and Chris and Co. took their shovels and loaded TNT into the pothole. The rest, is history.
OF COURSE you can talk the economy down. Most economists will admit that I think. EXPECTATIONS are paramount to an economy. If we hear how "bad" things are, we'll eventually believe it whether or not it's true.

The last 24 months is the best example I've ever seen of that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules