Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Acrobat Reader for Palm &OS X

Acrobat Reader for Palm &OS X
jparisi
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2003, 01:31 PM

Is there an acrobat reader for plam that works in OS X? prefable high res as well

smic
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2003, 02:05 PM

not sure if its what your asking, but just go to the acrobat website
they have a palm acrobat reader
and they have an osx->palm converter
and you can adjust the hi-res stuff yourself

its what i do for my clie
w3rd..
surrey represent

AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 25, 2003, 04:10 PM

You can get the Adobe Acrobat Reader for Palm OS HERE .

And BTW, any .pdf files you have can be cross-read by your Palm and your Mac.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

jparisi  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2003, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by jparisi:
Is there an acrobat reader for plam that works in OS X? prefable high res as well
\

my problem is, the converter itself runs in classic , even after i downloaed those links... hmmmm

jaske
Forum Regular
May 25, 2003, 08:00 PM

An analogy: It's sad that we embrace Powerpoint (and now Keynote, an abomination of a program whose very purpose is inimical to the "idea" of Mac), and then this:

We seek to use .pdf on a Palm (maybe 2" square screen) . . .

The great thing about .pdf is the ability to preserve data in visually meaningful manner, to allow meaningful and accurate reproduction of data without losing clarity, accuracy, etc.

Think of this: an Acrobat-based print, could have thousands of letters, numbers, etc., all readable by the "audience" from a single sheet of paper. Now, imagine a Powerpoint screen: maybe a few elements, if you're lucky 50 (and they would be cluttered and full of goofy bullets and all pronouns would be without referents). Bare with this train: think in terms of what is visible on a sheet of paper, and compare it to the amount of information in a single Powerpoint slide. How many slides to equal that data?

The point of this analogy is this: print the .pdf and carry it in your pocket. There is no way any PDA can actually present data in a fashion which approximates the data in the original file. Color, pixels, etc. of the PDa tend to be meaningless. Cut and paste if you need certain sentences, paragraphs, etc. Type even.

And, I'm someone who actually wasted there time with this crap as well. I installed a .pdf reader, and moved the screen around, dealt with changed fonts, lack of graphics, etc. What a joke, and what an example of me working for the technology, rather than technology working for me.

smic
Mac Enthusiast
May 26, 2003, 02:16 AM

i dont know if i had to do this, but the converter could be default to open in classic

get info on it and see if there is a checkbox for it
and uncheck it
w3rd..
surrey represent

Forum Links
Forum Rules