Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Trackpad

New Trackpad (Page 2)
Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mac Man
Also simon, about the black macbook, here is more evidence about the Macbook flaking.

I agree with Nobackup, you should think before flaming others.
You should think before posting all this "proof". Even if it is true, 3-4 MacBook "peeling" complaints is hardly enough to constitute it as a problem.

Mac Man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2006, 06:17 PM

Hey Ben, if 3 or 4 flake, what make's you think the rest won't. Hello! they were made at the same time.

Its not like does 3 or 4 Macbooks were made from a different factory.
( Last edited by Mac Man; Jul 3, 2006 at 08:09 PM. )

nickw311
Senior User
Jul 3, 2006, 09:02 PM

Hey Ben, if 3 or 4 flake, what make's you think the rest won't. Hello! they were made at the same time.

Its not like does 3 or 4 Macbooks were made from a different factory.

There are always going to be problems and 3 or 4 statistically is very small. My backlight on the screen went out after 3 weeks of use, that doesnt mean that everyone's screen is going to go out since they were made at the same time.

You are drawing a very broad conclusion with little evidence.
27" iMac C2D

Mac Man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2006, 10:46 PM

Hey nick, the flaking is all over the Internet, if you don't believe me do a search in Google or Flickr. I never said nothing about your backlight problem because its obvious, its not a big issue, but the flaking is.

My friend Miguel, bought a black macbook and he also has the flaking issue. Time will give me the reason.

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2006, 01:06 AM

Hey nick, the flaking is all over the Internet, if you don't believe me do a search in Google or Flickr. I never said nothing about your backlight problem because its obvious, its not a big issue, but the flaking is.

My friend Miguel, bought a black macbook and he also has the flaking issue. Time will give me the reason.
A few people on here have mentioned that you base your opinions on little evidence and are clearly lacking a knack for intellect. I'd say three or four people have said this. That makes it true.

pheonixash
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2006, 01:22 AM

Ok, pheonixash here is some information for you, read this.

And look at the part were is says "Those with discolored MacBooks should contact AppleCare and inform them of the stain problem. The replacement top case should no longer have this issues, nor will the newest Macbooks as Apple seems to have changed the plastic, the newest MacBooks having a much smoother feel to them in those areas, while the ones with the problem feel rough."

I said the truth, so there you go.
I think the keyword here is "seems." SoftPedia THINKS Apple has changed the top case. Nowhere is there any mention that Apple have said that they have made some changes. Read my post before posting. I said show me information where APPLE say they have altered the manufacturing process, not what someone else thinks SEEMS to be the case.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2006, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by NoBackUp
Well Simon that is actuall BS as my Ser iss 4H6191Nxxxx so I guess mine must have been made before they were made...
Thank you for that information. My source cited week 20 as the first production week. There are always pre-production runs but since I figure you didn't get one of those (they don't get sold to customers) I figure my source must have been wrong. Thank you for clearing that up.

perhaps u should take time to think before flaming others
Well, nobody was being flamed, and certainly not for posting 20 instead of 19. A newcomer was being corrected for a) passing on wrong information, b) talking of 'official' when nothing was official at all and c) persistently refusing to backup a challenged statement.

This is nothing personal, but there is a certain culture used on boards like these and it is everybody's interest if more experienced users pass that on to newcomers. No offense inteded. Not now, not before. Criticism is not an attack.

Mac Man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2006, 03:33 AM

You guys say that i talk with little evidence, but you know what, everthing a say is true. That's why some of you guys who are hating on me, can't prove me wrong.

NoBackUp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2006, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Simon
Thank you for that information. My source cited week 20 as the first production week. There are always pre-production runs but since I figure you didn't get one of those (they don't get sold to customers) I figure my source must have been wrong. Thank you for clearing that up.

Well, nobody was being flamed, and certainly not for posting 20 instead of 19. A newcomer was being corrected for a) passing on wrong information, b) talking of 'official' when nothing was official at all and c) persistently refusing to backup a challenged statement.

This is nothing personal, but there is a certain culture used on boards like these and it is everybody's interest if more experienced users pass that on to newcomers. No offense inteded. Not now, not before. Criticism is not an attack.

mate, my take is that u flammed him with wrong info, whilst saying that he posted wrong info, kinda the kettle calling the pot black...

seems also that you up-ed your post by posting incorrect info.. which if i am not wrong is exactly what you said the other guy did...

I am a mod on some other boards.. and dont post much here (but read on a daily base) as most of the posts here dont need any additional pushing... I only post when I have

a) My facts all worked out
b) I can contribute

just my 2 cents

ael719
Forum Regular
Jul 4, 2006, 04:36 AM

My trackpad has been noisy lately... before it was silent, but now everytime I double click on the track pad i hear a sticking/sticky noise. It sounds and feels like the trackpad has come loose and is being peeled up everytime I double click. It another one of those things I have to force myself to ignore and live with. I can remedy the noise and bumpy feel by pushing down firmly allover the trackpad, but this keeps it silent for about 30mins until it gets loose again.

I guess I'd rather have this problem than a track pad with touch sensitivity issues?
Retired: Dell Dimension 8200
Current: MacBook Black
Future: iMac or MacPro

Mac Man  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2006, 04:49 AM

Hello ae719

You should go to the Apple store, so they can check it out. They could probably fix it for you,

And i agree with you nobackup.

The problem is, Simon is trying to post anything he can, so he can flame me, but its not working for him.

NoBackUp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2006, 05:02 AM

Hello ae719

You should go to the Apple store, so they can check it out. They could probably fix it for you,

And i agree with you nobackup.

The problem is, Simon is trying to post anything he can, so he can flame me, but its not working for him.

Sorry mate but I dont agree, you to are fighting a battle... might be an Idea to stop here... as from this point on it just gets really silly for all, perhaps in the future u can learn from this a bring links in you first post to stop the "Posts" dead in thier track...

I have talked with my local dealer here based on your post and he checked and it is in fact the case that if I "want" to replace the top case and trackpad (mine is week 19) then they will do it free of charge... so whilst not front page in the local press and or a press statment from apple, seems that the apple dist here is applying an official stance on this and making it happen...

Forum Links
Forum Rules