Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X Lion Server Thread

OS X Lion Server Thread
freudling
Banned
Jul 5, 2011, 01:01 PM

Here, we can post stuff about OS X 10.7 (Lion Server).

Wow! Is it totally different from any previous OS X Server package! Although the customization seems to be greatly reduced, I love it so far, even if I can't get it working yet!

I'm getting an exception error message. What's happening with your Lion Server set up?

freudling  (op)
Banned
Jul 6, 2011, 07:08 PM

Nobody? Still getting the exception error message. I also think that it corrupted my network preferences. After 2 days of troubleshooting... not being able to connect over Wifi... I reduced it down to a corrupted network preferences file. I went to Mac HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/... and trashed some stuff, most specifically, the network plist file.

Restarted... and... voila, Wifi is back working.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2011, 09:20 PM

Considering that neither Lion nor Lion Server has been released yet, I don't find it surprising that nobody has commented.

freudling  (op)
Banned
Jul 7, 2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by chabig View Post
Considering that neither Lion nor Lion Server has been released yet, I don't find it surprising that nobody has commented.
Ya I know, but I was hoping for a few other early bird nerds like me. And you're in Las Vegas? Jealous.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2011, 06:14 PM

I'm checking out the server version. $49? No bad.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2011, 11:01 PM

$49 includes Xsan. Crazy.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2011, 05:03 AM

I haven't installed it yet, just being a skinflint since Apple will give me a free copy if I wait a few days (I'm certain they know that most people like me won't wait and will pay anyway).

I have been reading a lot about it now its released and the NDAs are lifted. It looks awesome in a lot of respects. Seems a pity to have removed some of the GUI functions though but I guess it never hurts how to do things properly on the command line.

I hope Apple hurries up with my freebie though, I'm getting an iSCSI RAID unit to play with for a day or two before I install it on site and I found a hack to run XSAN over iSCSI I wanted to try out.

I guess XSAN for Lion must be backwards compatible with older XSAN though right?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2011, 05:16 AM

What looks awesome about it?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2011, 05:29 AM

MDM for a start.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 21, 2011, 11:37 AM

I can't find any information about the process of upgrading a Snow Leopard Server system to Lion Server. As I understand it, you have to install (plain, client) Lion first and then install Lion Server on top of that. In the process, what happens to the configuration files and so on from the Snow Leopard Server? I have a mini that I use as a mail and web server, and I wouldn't want to screw up the way things work now ....
Thanks for any help or pointers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules