Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iphone 4: need help

iphone 4: need help
heokhocnhe
Banned
Oct 17, 2011, 10:53 PM

i has an iphone, and i want to track someone, so what i can do? i tried using some applications but it's not effective. So, everybody can you help me? Thank

Cold Warrior
Oct 17, 2011, 11:20 PM

Those tracking apps are fake, they just work off of area and city codes. You can't track cell phones unless you are a super hacker, law enforcement, or the cell phone company.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2011, 05:37 AM

Is this a spam duo?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2011, 05:55 AM

You can't track an iPhone unless you can get access to it and set up tracking. Unless you are law enforcement or the cell phone company or a super hacker. As stated.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2011, 06:29 AM

There may be more to the topic than that. Weren't cell phone companies broadcasting location information of smart phones in a way that was easily accessible to people with some knowledge of how the cell networks work? I saw a report about it on my local news about how the information can be used to track where smart phones are, and when it was discussed here someone said that there's basically nothing that can be done because of the way the networks are configured and how they broadcast information. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Thorzdad
Nov 3, 2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Is this a spam duo?
It does appear so. Though, they haven't actually dropped the spam on the thread yet. Maybe it's a trio!

reader50
Administrator
Nov 3, 2011, 02:03 PM

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2011, 02:58 PM

As a follow-up to my previous post, here's the video I was thinking of from Fox 11 News: Smart Phone Stalking FOX 11 NEWS 2010 - YouTube. I'm pretty sure we discussed it on the forums.

andi*pandi
Nov 3, 2011, 03:48 PM

Cold Warrior
Nov 3, 2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
As a follow-up to my previous post, here's the video I was thinking of from Fox 11 News: Smart Phone Stalking FOX 11 NEWS 2010 - YouTube. I'm pretty sure we discussed it on the forums.
from his own comments, he is actually in the cell signal looking for the known phone number. Note that he said he also needs to know where the person is before beginning tracking. Getting into cell signals sounds like super hacker.

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2011, 03:27 AM

To the OP, what's not effective about the Find My Friends app?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2011, 03:33 AM

His contractors don't get paid for it; that's what's not effective about it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules