Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New PBG4 owners NOT screwed on Panther...?

New PBG4 owners NOT screwed on Panther...? (Page 2)
Paul Huang
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2003, 11:43 AM

If you ordered a non-G5 system on 10/7/03 and didn't receive it until 10/9/03, don't get mad, get even.

There are plenty of digits on the receipt. Just seek assistance from your friend at Adobe Systems.

If Apple is interpreting their terms liberally, we should be able to exercise our "creativity" liberally.

Save your breath and save $110 ($139-$20=$20).

ken4740
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2003, 04:43 PM

I was really upset on the 8th when my 1 week old 12"powerbook (that I ordered the day it was announced) didnt qualify for the $19 upgrade. I entered the Serial this morning and it worked! maybe they quietly chqanged the policy this time due to angry PB owners?

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 12, 2003, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by ken4740:
maybe they quietly chqanged the policy this time due to angry PB owners?
Thanks angry PB owners!

abrody
Oct 12, 2003, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by dennis88:
I get about 2 hours and 30 minutes with full brightness, airport on, bluetooth on and highest performance settings.
And that's pretty good!

And the powerbook is very silent and it runs very cold.
If you upgrade to 10.2.8 6R73, it will get closer to 4 hours or more. 10.2.7 and 10.2.8 6R65 both had battery issues.
Check out my index of over 300 Macintosh sites, with links updated monthly at:
http://www.index-site.com

abrody
Oct 12, 2003, 09:30 PM

Powerbook 17" got order with $1 shipping on top of the $19.95. The actual Powerbook was purchased 9/29 at the Apple Retail Store. So I didn't even have to wait for mine in the mail, and they still qualified my machine. Weird.
Check out my index of over 300 Macintosh sites, with links updated monthly at:
http://www.index-site.com

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2003, 10:03 AM

I just tried this myself...purchased a Rev. B 12" PB through my University Bookstore on 9.17.03...went to that Up To Date website this morning & typed in my purchased date & Serial # and it said I qualified! I continued w/ checkout and shipping was FREE somehow! So my total was $20.41 w/ tax...SWEET!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2003, 04:00 PM

I bought a PB 17" on the 16th of September and was hoping I would qualify for the up-to-date deal on Panther. Last week, I entered my serial number into Apple's online form and got rejected. This morning I called Apple to verify that I don't qualify for the up-to-date deal, and the rep verified this. So, just for kicks, this afternoon I gave it another try on Apple's website, and this time it went through. Looks like I'll be getting Panther for 19.95 plus shipping. Weird, but cool.

Nessie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2003, 09:50 PM

Everyone seems to be having success with getting the 19.99 price, but I'm not. Aargh! I ordered the system on 10/4. I've tried everything, different dates, browsers, etc. SN is correct, checking it both on the system and on my emailed invoice. Any suggestions? I registered the system...

MacsGalor
Senior User
Oct 13, 2003, 09:56 PM

Originally posted by Nessie:
Everyone seems to be having success with getting the 19.99 price, but I'm not. Aargh! I ordered the system on 10/4. I've tried everything, different dates, browsers, etc. SN is correct, checking it both on the system and on my emailed invoice. Any suggestions? I registered the system...
Go to the Apple website and register it again, then wait a day and try the up-to-date again. I know that others had the same problem and it worked after that. Give it a try and let us know

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 14, 2003, 09:17 AM

The challenge is for all of us who either registered the system or purchased Applecare - Apple *knows* when you registered...

What gets me, other than spending thousands on a computer from Apple is that I went out and bought Applecare too. My $0.02 is that oughta to include the update...

macwayne
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2003, 07:33 PM

worked for me today too!

iDuc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2003, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by dennis88:
what about people from europe?
I did succesfully order the upgrade for 30 Euro's..

Now it's hoping for a speedy delicery...

Forum Links
Forum Rules