Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP rev B or C

MBP rev B or C
Thread Tools
yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
 
Should I wait till Rev C comes out.
Centrino Pro
rev c
Boast an 800MHz front side bus and 4MB L2 cache
Intel's GM965/PM965 chipsets and 82566MM Gigabit Network/Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN network chips better standard graphics.

I am looking to get a new mac book pro in 6 months and that is around the same time it comes out.
     
Commodus
Mac Elite
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 25, 2006, 11:12 PM
 
The Core 2 Duo already has 4MB of L2 cache, so you're not missing out on that.

The standard graphics also won't matter much, since the MacBook Pro will have a separate graphics chipset for the foreseeable future. Really, the only advantages are the 800MHz bus and perhaps slightly less contention between devices.

But why are you asking when you're not even planning to get a system for another 6 months? By then, the update should be a reality and your only debate will be whether or not to get a refurb system.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
     
yoyoman  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 25, 2006, 11:27 PM
 
Faster CPU right?
     
Helmling
Mac Elite
Join Date: Apr 2005
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 25, 2006, 11:57 PM
 
oh, goodness, it's an awesome machine, just buy one. If you wait for x-amount-faster then you'll always be waiting.
     
vinster
Senior User
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2006, 12:38 AM
 
I think the MacBook Pro's are as good as they're going to get for the next 18 months or so. At this time, it's software that needs to catch up.
     
yoyoman  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2006, 01:43 AM
 
Well I really can't complain about leopared comming out and as far as waiting I won't have money any way for 6 months so it really works out.
     
Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: BFE
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2006, 07:03 AM
 
Wait for Rev C? Screw that! You might as well wait for Rev D. if you're going to wait that long.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).
     
ghporter
Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Antonio TX USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2006, 09:56 AM
 
If you wait long enough, the "next great breakthrough" will run at the speed of light and be controlled by pure thought. Or you could buy the CURRENT model and enjoy using it now instead of some time in the distant future.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx
     
ticedric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Oct 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2006, 03:52 PM
 
If you look at the CPU usage on the RevA MBP...they rarely go over 60%. I feel like the rest of the machine is'nt up to speed. 8.9 Ghz would'nt be much faster...

What we are all waiting for is a universal adobe suite...that will boost speed!
17 2.16 MBP with 2 GB RAM
G4 400 tower
Emac 1.0 Combo
     
pat++
Mac Elite
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Earth
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2006, 04:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
Should I wait till Rev C comes out.
Centrino Pro
rev c
Boast an 800MHz front side bus and 4MB L2 cache
Intel's GM965/PM965 chipsets and 82566MM Gigabit Network/Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN network chips better standard graphics.

I am looking to get a new mac book pro in 6 months and that is around the same time it comes out.
Wait for rev W.
     
cLin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2006, 02:49 AM
 
Just wait. Don't ever get a laptop.
     
shunsuke
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2006, 03:30 AM
 
Don't get the Macbook Pro.
     
zign
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2006, 06:28 AM
 
MBPs have just been updated and the "should I wait" questions are already here. I thought it would take at least a couple of months. And even then, it's annoying when peolpe ask the same question over and over. I think this forum needs a sticky "should I wait" thread for everyone to post in.
15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com
     
mark.s
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2006, 07:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
and as far as waiting I won't have money any way for 6 months
Then why are you asking whether you should wait?
     
jamil5454
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Downtown Austin, TX
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 27, 2006, 10:51 AM
 
Just buy it when you have the money to get the MacBook Pro and any upgrades/software, and don't look back. You've got to make up your mind at some point or another.
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,