Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > 13" Macbook Value ? (And possible sale)!

13" Macbook Value ? (And possible sale)!
malcolm347
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2010, 05:20 PM

My macbook was purchased about two years ago. It is the white 13" model. It has a Intel Core 2 Duo 2 Ghz processor. 3 Gb of ram (upgraded from 1 gb) and a 160 Gb harddrive (upgraded from 80gb).

It has no major cosmetic flaws, just light wear on it from being two years old. I have also installed the newest OS on it (Leopard). I installed a new battery (the old one was holding no charge) about a month ago, and the power adapter is new as well (about 3 months old, the original one stopped charging). Lastly I still have the apple remote that it came with and the original system restore cd's.

I have no idea what I can/could get for this. My plan is to sell it and buy a refurbished macbook air. I have an imac now, and that is the machine that holds all of my important info. I want a macbook air for its portability.....and good looks, haha.

So any estimates of value would greatly help. Thanks.

malcolm347  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2010, 06:26 PM

mac2sell.net quoted me $610.00........is this unreasonable ? i was expecting something like 500, maybe....but if this is the case, then thats great !

Big-J-Dubb
Feb 9, 2010, 09:12 PM

$550.00 is about the most around that area but you were close if i had the money i'd snag it from ya good luck selling and enjoy that new IMac

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2010, 05:57 PM

You could probably fetch $600 from it, like J-Dubb said, $550 would probably be a good price for a quick sale.

kslingo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2010, 04:48 PM

would you want to trade for a acer aspire one netbook???

Forum Links
Forum Rules