Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > locking the screen

locking the screen
adamk
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2000, 01:28 PM

hi,

i was wondering if there is anyway of locking the screen manually. i want to be able to lock the screen when i leave the room but sometimes i have downloads in the background that i don't want to quit. right now "Logout" is the only option, but that would interupt the downloads.

i know you can have the screen lock after a certain amount of time (Multiple Users CP), but i do not want to have the screen locking all the time, just when i am leaving and don't want other people playing with my computer.

any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

adamk
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" begins with yrself.

"He that fights for Allah's cause fights for himself. Allah does not need His creatures' help." -koran, the spider, 29:7

Cipher13
Jun 2, 2000, 09:41 PM

MacArmyKnife (MAK) from chaotic software allows you to lock the screen with a password without logging out. Get the latest version even if you already have it, as the latest vers is the only one that the lock screen thing worked with for me.
www.chaoticsoftware.com

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules