Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Apple's Mail and background pictures

Apple's Mail and background pictures
buells1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2004, 02:44 AM

Does anyone know how I can get a background picture into Apple's Mail?
I have an iMac 24" 3.06 ghz.core duo Visit
my page at: http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/kenny_brett

Sophus
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2004, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by buells1:
Does anyone know how I can get a background picture into Apple's Mail?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Panther Mail.app does not support creating HTML mails. It is only capable of displaying incoming HTML mails.

Sophus

CatOne
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Sophus:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Panther Mail.app does not support creating HTML mails. It is only capable of displaying incoming HTML mails.

Sophus
It can do RTF, though I'm not sure if RTF supports background pictures. Also, RTF is only really interoperable with Apple Mail -- if someone on a PC reads it it will look garbled.

HTML mail is evil, though. I actually just delete it, because the sender is either a spammer or a luser

ehunt
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2004, 03:18 PM

Yeah, panther only does .rtf but I find my mail goes out in .rtf and loses any font formatting, colours etc... so it's plain text on the the other end. I know about the potnetial abuses of html email but I am hoping they add it in Tiger. I like to insert images right into the body of the email for effect sometimes...even apple's quicktime, store emails etc... are all HTML because you can make 'em look so darn pretty
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

cpac
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2004, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by ehunt:
I am hoping they add it in Tiger.
I believe they've already announced Mail will be able to send HTML in Tiger.
cpac

ehunt
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2004, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by cpac:
I believe they've already announced Mail will be able to send HTML in Tiger.
suh-weeet-ah! I was searching for some recent posts regarding recent builds of Tiger but hadn't found this yet!
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules