Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Waking the computer with bluetooth devices

Waking the computer with bluetooth devices
emil
Forum Regular
May 14, 2005, 05:38 PM

I am running my powerbook with the lid closed and an external display attached, and use both a bluetooth keyboard (apple) and mouse (microsoft). Because the lid is closed, i have to use the 'allow bluetooth devices to wake computer' option. Unfortunately the mouse is hypersensitive to the point where it doesn't sleep for more than a second, even if perfectly still or turned on its back. does anyone know if there is a way or a hack to keep keyboard waking via bluetooth on, but disable mouse movement? the only shortcut i can think of is that if i unplug the AC power, the computer ignores all bluetooth requests, but i've had some funky results (lock ups) caused by this, so I'd prefer to go some sort of normal route and not have to tinker with the A/C.

SSharon
Professional Poster
May 15, 2005, 03:13 PM

Why not close the lense of the mouse when not in use? This way you save batteries and avoid it waking the computer.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

emil  (op)
Forum Regular
May 15, 2005, 04:18 PM

how do you close the lens? i figured flipping it on its back would do the same thing, but.. maybe not?

SSharon
Professional Poster
May 15, 2005, 11:11 PM

There should be a plastic part that slides, no? I don't have one in front of me, but I remember it from the one my family has at home. Apple.com mentions that you can turn it off, but they don't say how.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

emil  (op)
Forum Regular
May 16, 2005, 10:44 AM

No plastic thing on my mouse.... where did you see Apple.com say you can select individual BT devices for allowing to wake?

Forum Links
Forum Rules