Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Checking e-mail

Checking e-mail
Cohenista
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2005, 06:26 PM

I have an iMac with airport card, and a Powerbook with airport card. The iMac is connected to the internet via broadband, and is sharing its connection - via airport - with the Powerbook. No problem.

However, when I try to check my e-mail on the PB, problem. Nothing happens. It's not just Entourage being screwy. While I can access my university webmail site on the iMac, the PB won't load it. Same goes for my Gmail account.

This is rather frustrating. Does anyone have any idea how to fix?

Cohenista  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2005, 09:19 PM

Seriously, this is driving me insane!

si_lance
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2005, 11:45 PM

Hopefully you are sharing the broadband connection by plugging the airport into the broadband connection and then it will act like a router by having the iMac and PB connecting to it (either wired or wireless). If you have your iMac plugged into the broadband connection then have a 2nd nic connected to the airport you're kinda defeating the purpose because now your iMac must also act like a router by running nat (network address translation). Try using only the airport as your router and you'll probably have better results.

Forum Links
Forum Rules