Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iWeb on go, any ideas for a blog/podcast/webpage editor?

iWeb on go, any ideas for a blog/podcast/webpage editor?
Dewaine
Apr 14, 2006, 08:46 PM

I am going to continue to use iWeb for family web site. It works well for it, and it is seldom updated.

I have tried but iWeb is worthless to use for my podcast and blogs. I like to post a new blog every day or so, and a podcast once or twice a week. The publishing hassle since it re-publishes every blog every time, and every podcast every time I add one is to painful. Plus trying to FTP it to my site is even worse. I don't have hours to spend everyday messing with it.

So, can someone recommend software for 1) creating a webpage to show podcast and blogs, and that also has tools to create the podcasts and blogs.

I don't mind using Garageband to make the podcast, but need a way to get it on a page and on the net....

From what I have looked at "Rapid Weaver" may be good, anyone use it?

Thanks.
Dewaine

Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 ghz, 60 gig HD, 1.25 gig ram
iMac G5, 17", 2.0 ghz, 160 gig HD (Plus 2 external 80 gig), 2 gig ram

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 15, 2006, 07:55 AM

subscribe to screencastsonline thru itunes. They have several very detailed videos about rapidweaver.
“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

real
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2006, 04:36 PM

I second the Rapidweaver idea.

Rapidweaver is what you are looking for. The screencastonline have some great video tutourials to get you started.

enjoy
real
With some loud music + a friend to chat nearby you can get alot done. - but jezz, I'd avoid it if I had the choice---- If only real people came with Alpha Channels.......:)
AIM:xflaer
deinterlaced.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules