Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Newly-leaked iPhone 5S parts show no signs of fingerprint tech

Newly-leaked iPhone 5S parts show no signs of fingerprint tech
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Aug 2, 2013, 12:37 PM

Several more alleged parts for the iPhone 5S have leaked, reports say. Most of them have been seen in previous leaks, but the collection includes flex cables for Wi-Fi, a speaker, a vibrator, a Home button, a front-facing camera, a power button, and a dock connector. Also mentioned are a nano-SIM tray and a "speaker button;" the last item presumably refers to volume control.

Perhaps more significantly, images show no obvious sign of a fingerprint sensor in the Home button. iOS 7 beta code has hinted that a future iPhone will get fingerprint recognition via an integrated sensor, but if so, the technology may have to wait for an iPhone 6. Alternately, the depicted part may just be outdated, inauthentic, and/or for a different device, like the iPhone 5C.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Aug 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM. )

Ppietra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2013, 02:45 PM

I think we can assume that at least one iphone model won't have a fingerprint sensor! My bet is that there will be a sensor on another iPhone, which every one is calling 5S but will actually be called 6!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ppietra View Post
I think we can assume that at least one iphone model won't have a fingerprint sensor! My bet is that there will be a sensor on another iPhone, which every one is calling 5S but will actually be called 6!
Good grief. Not another naming speculation war.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2013, 05:45 PM

Why cant the screen/glass have the sensor built into it?
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules