Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > best ebay bargain/worst ebay rip-off/best sale/worst sale

best ebay bargain/worst ebay rip-off/best sale/worst sale
m a d r a
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 09:35 PM

for all you ebay addicts out there [i know i am!], let's have your best and worst experiences on ebay -whether buying or selling. here are mine so far:

buying:

best
brand new lacie DVD-ram/rewriter drive for �50 [about �120 in the shops]
vintage 1980's wolf leather biker jacket for �30 in mint condition [worth at least �100+ to afficionados of classic leather jackets]

worst
"field microscope" which i paid about �30 for and turned out to be little more than a plastic toy.

selling:

best
pair of shoes my girlfriend bought on the market for under �5 - sold for �30
some old stamps i found in a bin - �20

worst
my nikon f60 in practically mint condition - sold for �86 - cost me nearly �300 a year or so before [such is the obsolesence in film cameras caused by digital!]

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2004, 09:44 PM

Buying:

Best
Multiple Henderson cards.

Worst
Can't say that I have. I've had a few cards come back that were not "as described", but that's about it.

Selling:

Best
An old Epson 777i Inkjet printer for $85. I bought it on eBay a few months earlier for $50.

Worst
Sold a digital camcorder that was working perfectly fine when I shipped it; however, something must have happened in transit as the buyer claims it didn't work once he received it. Had to go through the whole "insurance" mess and stuff, and it all worked out, but it was a major pain in the ass

Forum Links
Forum Rules