Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > PCI USB 2.0 card for a PowerMac G4

PCI USB 2.0 card for a PowerMac G4
carterx
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2008, 10:04 PM

I'm looking to buy a "USB 2.0 PCI" card for my mirrored PowerMac G4. Should a standard card found here on ebay work fine though no specs saying for a Mac?

5 port ports USB 2.0 PCI Controller Card NEC Chip Vista - (eBay.ca item 320260379333 end time 08-Jun-08 20:58:36 EDT)

fashizzle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2008, 11:14 PM

I have an MDD and bought a few PCI USB 2.0 cards and neither worked. So I bought one from Macsales.com for $18 that worked outta the box and never looked back. Belkin is a good brand too, Best Buy sells 'em and they are Mac/PeeCee.

BTW, is this the Carterx that plays on Kargath?

carterx  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2008, 11:23 PM

bahhh, was hoping to grab one from ebay, but will have a look at MacSales and some other spots.

Nah, not a WOW person ... could not get into the game

idykenano
Forum Regular
Jun 7, 2008, 11:24 PM

I have a sawtooth and I bought a usb 2.0 pci card for it off of ebay that did not specify mac and it worked without a hitch. I wasn't able to find that brand again, sorry bud.
$18 from macsales is not a bad deal, and I can confirm that Belkin is a good brand.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2008, 10:42 AM

My G4 tower has an Adaptec 4-port USB 2.0 PCI card that works just fine. No Mac logo on the package. Don't recall how much is was, maybe $30 last year from CompUSA.

Forum Links
Forum Rules