Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > E3 2009 Thread

E3 2009 Thread
KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2009, 01:49 AM

Alright guys, now that E3 is here, let the juicy content flow.

We'll start with Left 4 Dead 2.

- 5 campaign levels set in the south that are intertwined and not just random campaigns.
- A campaign that takes place during the daytime.
- Roaming witches that wander the city and attack with hordes! Sweet!
- New melee weapons including an axe, a baseball bat, a frying pan, and a freakin' chainsaw!
- New weapons including an semi-automatic sniper and silent sub-machine gun.
- New special zombies including the Charger who is designed to knock people down who are camping in a small room. It charges you like a bull.
- 4 new playable human characters.
- A new campaign mode that Valve is keeping a tight lip on.

It's due out November 17 and from what they're saying, it's going to be a much tougher game. Really? If it is tough like horde mode, then we're going to be in for some long nights!

Can't wait!

Brien
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2009, 02:00 AM

Don't forget:
Halo: Reach (prequel, squad-based combat?)
Crackdown 2
Metal Gear Solid Rising

KCrosbie  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 2, 2009, 02:04 AM

Check out the in-game footage of Modern Warfare 2!

Oh man, this game is going to be so f'n hardcore badass!

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 02:08 AM

Found some L4D2 gameplay Just let the videos keep playing even after the first is done.

Incinerary bullets is a nice addition addition to the game. Some of the new zombies have a Half Life feel to them.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 06:50 AM

-Red Steel 2(Wii) video actually looks interesting...and it's set to come bundled with Wii Motion Plus.
-Grand Slam Tennis(Wii) video Looking to be a worthy successor to Wii Sports Tennis.
-Tales of Monkey Island(WiiWare) video New episodic WiiWare content.... i loved the original games (Which are being remade for XBLA).

Cheers

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Alright guys, now that E3 is here, let the juicy content flow.
Check this thread, nüb

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2009, 09:08 AM

Splinter Cell: Conviction

i was a pseudo fan of this series back on the xbox 1, but this new exclusive to 360 game is looking amazing. If you have a chance to watch this video of game play, i'll be surprised if your not kinda impressed.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Check out the in-game footage of Modern Warfare 2!
looks AWESOME

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 09:15 AM

Guys, seriously, we can put the news in the PS3 thread like normal. No reason to create a separate thread for news just because its E3.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 01:09 PM

Actually this is not a bad idea. I'm tired of putting everything in that s****ty thread. It started out as a poll in the Lounge of which system you're going to buy. Then somehow it turned into "let's throw everything that deals with console gaming in this thread" thread. We now have our own Gaming subforum here a MacNN. What's wrong with making a new thread for a big event like E3?

Besides, in the future, it will make it easier to reference back to previous E3 events. I wanted to quote some of Hawkeye's comments from last year's E3 event but I'm going to search through 129 pages.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I'm tired of putting everything in that s****ty thread. It started out as a poll in the Lounge of which system you're going to buy. Then somehow it turned into "let's throw everything that deals with console gaming in this thread" thread. We now have our own Gaming subforum here a MacNN. What's wrong with making a new thread for a big event like E3?
I considered making this thread too, but decided since we already put all news in the other thread it'd be redundant. But now that it's been created a day late, we've now split the info between two different threads, which is twice as irritating.

Seriously, an objection to the other thread because it offends your sensibilities is not particularly valid reason not to post in there.

Edit: Also, check out page 109.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
But now that it's been created a day late, we've now split the info between two different threads, which is twice as irritating.
I'll show you irritating.

Every post I make in that other thread is going to end with a smilie.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2009, 02:20 PM

Actually this is not a bad idea. I'm tired of putting everything in that s****ty thread. It started out as a poll in the Lounge of which system you're going to buy. Then somehow it turned into "let's throw everything that deals with console gaming in this thread" thread. We now have our own Gaming subforum here a MacNN. What's wrong with making a new thread for a big event like E3?

Besides, in the future, it will make it easier to reference back to previous E3 events. I wanted to quote some of Hawkeye's comments from last year's E3 event but I'm going to search through 129 pages.
I like having it all in one thread - it means I can keep up with everything in my User CP page without posting in every thread.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 02:58 PM

I watched the Natal video this morning of the person painting and it looks impressive.
I also read about the Natal demo with the young boy and how Natal was doing head tracking to control the camera.

I think Natal + a controller is going to be very interesting. Imagine if Natal would take care of the camera and you control things with the controller. So you're playing a first person shooter and by actually leaning left you'd be looking out from behind the cover you're behind.
Stuff like that makes me more excited for Natal, as opposed to standing in front of my tv and waving my arms around.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 05:03 PM

I foresee a MAJOR problem with Natal : the inability to consume (alcoholic) beverages during gameplay.

Instead of swigging some beer, I'll be taking the head off of the guy trying to plant a bomb in Modern Warfare #73.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2009, 10:06 PM

I agree

Forum Links
Forum Rules