Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Pixelmator

Pixelmator
64stang06
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2009, 07:04 PM

I'm hoping this is in the right spot, mainly because I'm asking about the program itself.

So, Amazon seems to have Pixelmator on sale for $14.99 for their 'Cyber Monday' sale. Assuming I pick it up at this price, what does everyone think about the program? The website looks very informative about what it can/cannot do, and the trial seems interesting so far. The only thing I see so far that it can't do is scan from within the program itself, like Photoshop Elements. Aside from that though, no problems so far with it.

Amazon.com: Pixelmator: Software

(If this is considered spam, I apologize and will remove the link immediately. It's not a referral link so I'm not making anything off of it by posting it.)
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2009, 05:39 PM

Pixelmator is teh sexx0rz. I'm a casual user and don't need all of Photoshop, so Pixelmator's perfect. If you're happy with the trial, I highly recommend buying the full app, especially for $15 (I payed full price a couple of weeks ago, and no regrets).

Plus, they got full Wacom support working pretty recently, which is easily worth the sale price.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

64stang06  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2009, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by TheoCryst View Post
Pixelmator is teh sexx0rz. I'm a casual user and don't need all of Photoshop, so Pixelmator's perfect. If you're happy with the trial, I highly recommend buying the full app, especially for $15 (I payed full price a couple of weeks ago, and no regrets).

Plus, they got full Wacom support working pretty recently, which is easily worth the sale price.
Thanks. Actually, I ended up buying it this morning. I figured for $15 it was worth the gamble.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

OreoCookie
Nov 30, 2009, 06:51 PM

I've been using Pixelmator for quite some time now, it's a great app and covers all my needs. Some things are very well thought out (e. g. the color wheel when you want to shift colors is just amazingly simple to use). At $15, it's a steal
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2009, 07:19 PM

I love the tutorials section. Great stuff.

Pixelmator | Learn

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules