Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Neo-Progressivism is a cancer within our society

Neo-Progressivism is a cancer within our society (Page 6)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2015, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Typical. compartmentalisation.

Its a bigger thing than you realize.

The problem is the black 'Culture' not race. My best friends include folks from the west indies, and friends who were black, but high income, so they were also denigrated. The "average to lower IQ blacks" are really the issue as they follow liberal BS, and indoctrination, and have become WORTHLESS in the job market.
So in your estimation if you are black .... along with high income and high IQ ... then you aren't really a part of "black culture". Somehow you must be a part of a "different culture". You know I'm just going to let that stand on its own since it warrants no further commentary.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2015, 06:23 PM

Meanwhile, in other parts of the world there are real problems.

At least 26 reported dead in Paris attacks | Fox News
Paris attacks: 35 killed in multiple shootings as 100 hostages taken in French capital http://ibt.uk/A006Pg0
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 04:56 AM

Some minorities are obviously more privileged than others:

Silence those who disagree, force the narrative, the truth doesn't matter. That girl had directly experienced hate speech from blacks, but it apparently doesn't matter because; "Racism is prejudice plus power!" What a lovely way to excuse your own brand of racism. Maybe there is a kernel of truth in that, however. They have the power there and once they see she isn't 100% in agreement they turn on her and push her aside. Speaking of the movement turning on people:

I was proud to be part of last night's protest - until it turned ugly

“I was sitting in Novack studying when a large group of protestors came in chanting ‘black lives matter.’ They gathered in the center of Novack amongst the tables where there were a number of people working peacefully.

They kept shouting and started banging on tables. They demanded that people stand up to show their solidarity. Those who did not stand were targeted and questioned.

There was a girl studying in one of the study rooms in Novack and the protestors stormed the room. She closed the door on one of the protesters which resulted in rage from many protestors. The girl then exited silently through the crowd while protestors screamed at her calling her a white bitch.

At one point the protesters crowded around a guy sitting on his laptop and stared at him screaming at him ‘If we cant study, you can’t study.'”

The large group of protesters began to move up and yell at students on first floor Berry. Students were again yelled at to stand up in support of the protest, and many did so, either out of support or fear. After making a girl cry, a protester screamed “F*ck your white tears!”

And this was directed at students who were there to help them by showing their solidarity. There's your movement, isn't it all what you hoped it would be? It's time to bounce these ignorant fools off campus before it gets worse.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 06:16 AM

45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2015, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
If any of these individuals were even remotely involved in the situation at hand then this might warrant comment. Since they don't I view it as mere deflection. At best.

OAW
What thread do you think you are responding to?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2015, 09:21 AM

So in your estimation if you are black .... along with high income and high IQ ... then you aren't really a part of "black culture". Somehow you must be a part of a "different culture". You know I'm just going to let that stand on its own since it warrants no further commentary.

OAW
LOL You sure don't pay attention very well. Ben Carson isn't black enough and either was Clarence Thomas according to some 'black leaders'.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 12:50 PM

LOL You sure don't pay attention very well. Ben Carson isn't black enough and either was Clarence Thomas according to some 'black leaders'.
But that's not what you said. "High Income" and "High IQ" are objective measures that have no relationship whatsoever with political ideology. I mean here's an obvious example that perhaps didn't occur to you. Oprah Winfrey's net worth likely exceeds that of you and everyone you know 10 times over ... yet she's an Obama supporter. And speaking of your boy Ben Carson ....

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson wrote in his 1999 book that he did not identify as a conservative Republican and that he considered it a "waste of human brainpower" to be anything other than an independent.

Carson identified as an independent for years in his home state of Maryland, and only recently switched his affiliation to the Republican party last year. [OAW: Like when he decided to start pimping white, right-wing conservatives for book sales by playing the role and telling them what they want hear. ]

"By this point some readers may conclude from all this talk about self-determination and the need to assume personal responsibility that I must be a conservative Republican. I'm not," Carson writes in The Big Picture: Getting Perspective on What's Really Important in Life.
Carson In 1999 Book: I’m Not A Conservative Republican

My point is there are PLENTY of very intelligent, upper-middle class and higher African-Americans who are by no means conservative Republicans. So I'll ask you again ... in your estimation are they not a part of "black culture"?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 14, 2015 at 01:03 PM. )

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2015, 01:49 PM

No. Not really. They are actually cultured. They also don't try to push their blackness into anyones face, or focus upon race as the only thing that matters, nor do they blame their shortcomings on white people.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 03:58 PM

No. Not really. They are actually cultured. They also don't try to push their blackness into anyones face, or focus upon race as the only thing that matters, nor do they blame their shortcomings on white people.
Yeah that's what I thought you meant. As I said before ... as astoundingly ignorant as your statement is ... I'm just going to let that stand on its own since it warrants no further commentary.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 06:02 PM

Poor little spoiled brats, did you lose your media attention?

"I'll let you finish, but right now we're oppressed by terrorists too!"

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 04:14 AM

This is ****ing amazing!! > An open letter to Nona Robinson and Trent Administration

Excerpts:
What did and is taking place on the “Trent University” and “Trent University Colonial Heritage Society” Facebook pages is not a debate. It wasn’t an exchange of opinions that lacked empathy or active listening skills. And it certainly wasn’t an opportunity for members to share information or offer different points of view. Instead, it was a group of entitled students set out to attack anyone who shared their personal experiences of marginalization or spoke out against oppressive violence. The administrators of these pages went as far as to make individuals who live far from Peterborough and have no affiliation (or likely knowledge) of Trent University, administrators of the group.
(Lauren) Southern’s participation in this Facebook group is a great example of internet trolling as her goal of inciting violence against trans people is made apparent when she announced that her pronouns are “I” and “me” and that she identifies as a helicopter. She proceeds to only respond to people by correcting any pronoun they use to refer to her, including “you”, demanding that they respect her by using “I” instead. This isn’t funny and it is absolutely violent in that Southern encourages others to make a mockery of trans people and to disrespect their identity.
Those poor victims, subjected to so much senseless "violence" (Trent students obviously don't know the definition of the word "violence"). I'll bet they had to hide in their Safe Space for a week! Lauren Southern needs to start a Patreon account, I'm down to send her money to keep doing more of this to other colleges.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 08:11 AM

I can't confirm it directly the way I can with a term like "racism", but a quick Google gives me the impression "violence" is another one of those words which has a common meaning, and a different sociology jargon meaning.

Like with "racism", the common meaning is a lot worse than the jargon meaning. In jargon terms, an Internet troll mocking transgendered people is inciting violence.

As I've said before, I think this differential is being exploited, pretty shamefully in this example.

On the other hand, Internet troll gets no points from me. If you're going to antagonize people for the lulz, attack who they are, not what they are.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2015, 09:06 AM

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. As I said before ... as astoundingly ignorant as your statement is ... I'm just going to let that stand on its own since it warrants no further commentary.

OAW
Perhaps you need to get out more. Or perhaps develop observational skills.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 01:23 PM

Perhaps you need to get out more. Or perhaps develop observational skills.
As an African-American who is "high income" and "high IQ" by any objective measure ... given your own words I must not be a part of "black culture". The fact that you are deluded enough to even think that you are in any position to determine what is or is not "black culture" ... to me of all people around here ... just reiterates my point. So I'll leave you to your stereotypes about what "black culture" and "blackness" is all about. Carry on.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 02:22 PM

I'm starting to get tired of these airheads saying things like, "I'm tired of people saying they have 1st Amendment rights..."

Starts at 3:54

So they want to create a "space", apparently the entire campus, where students can primarily feel safe and not be challenged on their opinions, away from the "haters". Sorry precious, it's college not daycare. And while bigotry should be reported and dealt with by the administration, expect to experience an environment that will force you to evaluate your views, it's preparation for the real world. Freedom of expression isn't just for you it's also for those you disagree with. Unless you plan to hide behind the walls of academia for the rest of your life (some actually do, not realizing that there are only so many jobs available at a university), you're only setting yourself up for even worse pain and disappointment in the future (and poverty, since no one in the private sector will want to hire such a spoiled brat).

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 02:34 PM

As an African-American who is "high income" and "high IQ" by any objective measure ... given your own words I must not be a part of "black culture". The fact that you are deluded enough to even think that you are in any position to determine what is or is not "black culture" ... to me of all people around here ... just reiterates my point. So I'll leave you to your stereotypes about what "black culture" and "blackness" is all about. Carry on.

OAW

I think BadKosh supports my theory that people need to generalize in order to understand complex problems. When I hear the sorts of generalizations that BadKosh has shared with us a number of times (in this thread and elsewhere), I tend to think that the person making these generalizations is intellectually lazy. Agree with this theory?

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I can't confirm it directly the way I can with a term like "racism", but a quick Google gives me the impression "violence" is another one of those words which has a common meaning, and a different sociology jargon meaning.

Like with "racism", the common meaning is a lot worse than the jargon meaning. In jargon terms, an Internet troll mocking transgendered people is inciting violence.

As I've said before, I think this differential is being exploited, pretty shamefully in this example.

On the other hand, Internet troll gets no points from me. If you're going to antagonize people for the lulz, attack who they are, not what they are.
I don't believe that anymore, because "what they are" has become a force of intolerance and exclusion, in one of the worst possible places (higher education). And yes, they're trying to co-opt the term "violence" to fit their situation, just like they did with rape, misogyny, racism, and even feminism, and by doing so they trivialize all of them.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I think BadKosh supports my theory that people need to generalize in order to understand complex problems. When I hear the sorts of generalizations that BadKosh has shared with us a number of times (in this thread and elsewhere), I tend to think that the person making these generalizations is intellectually lazy. Agree with this theory?
It's a rare occasion when BadKosh even manages to put more than 3 sentences together in a post. Interpret that as you will.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I don't believe that anymore, because "what they are" has become a force of intolerance and exclusion, in one of the worst possible places (higher education).
I don't think that should be fought with further intolerance, even if it's "jokey". Likewise, the antagonism is indiscriminate about whether it's hurtful to transgendered people, or really annoying transgendered people. I'm not going to sacrifice the former to clip the latter.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 04:16 PM

What they think is "intolerant" grows by the day and I simply don't care anymore. If they attempt to step on rights with impunity, then they'll learn to expect criticism, and sometimes it'll be harsh.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 05:10 PM

The icing on the cake:

and there are dozens more #F*ckParis tweets from other black activists just like it (and 1000s mocking them for their media jealousy). The spoiled college kids are done, stick a fork in `em.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Sure Besson, you Like OAW do NOT know me, or my friends, associates or my background, but make assumptions stated as fact. You seem to be making the same "Intellectual Mistakes". Just as OAW claims I can't now anything abut Black Culture because I'm not black, he shouldn't claim to know mine.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2015, 05:28 PM

It's a rare occasion when BadKosh even manages to put more than 3 sentences together in a post. Interpret that as you will.

OAW
Typing lots doesn't mean you say a lot.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 06:03 PM

What he's implying is pretty shitty, IMO.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 07:46 PM

Sure Besson, you Like OAW do NOT know me, or my friends, associates or my background, but make assumptions stated as fact. You seem to be making the same "Intellectual Mistakes". Just as OAW claims I can't now anything abut Black Culture because I'm not black, he shouldn't claim to know mine.
I know you better than you know all of the liberals you generalize about.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 08:12 PM

I never understood how the sides got flipped in the US, where effectively those on the side of personal liberty and individualism became the baddies (right wingers) and the totalitarian communists became the "liberals".
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Nov 17, 2015 at 12:08 AM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 08:28 PM

"Libs and Dems!"

That right there just about sums up everything you have EVER said on these forums. That's not a dig. Just an observation. And my no means is it an exaggeration. If that's what you consider to be "insightful" then by all means ... have at it.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 15, 2015 at 08:50 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 08:47 PM

What he's implying is pretty shitty, IMO.
I'm not "implying" anything. It's readily apparent to anyone who can actually READ the man's own words which he not only said once but then DOUBLED DOWN on. But you have repeatedly demonstrated a penchant for ignoring the obvious when it comes to such issues. You will not acknowledge nor respond to any of the posts where I cited articles which described NUMEROUS black people who couldn't walk through certain parts of the Mizzou campus without having RACIAL SLURS hurled at them. Going back DECADES. So they avoid certain parts of the campus "like the plague". But instead you will try to harp on some post about a young black female who isn't shedding tears over what happened in Paris. Like this is about MEDIA COVERAGE. As if she was LYING about the French having enslaved and slaughtered MILLIONS of black people. Shall we discuss why Haiti is in the state that it is? Seriously dude. Try getting your head out of your ass for once and actually try STUDYING HISTORY for a change.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 08:59 PM

What they think is "intolerant" grows by the day and I simply don't care anymore. If they attempt to step on rights with impunity, then they'll learn to expect criticism, and sometimes it'll be harsh.
Again, the issue I'm taking is when the criticism lands on the other side of "they" and hits people who are guilty of nothing.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 09:06 PM

As if she was LYING about the French having enslaved and slaughtered MILLIONS of black people. Shall we discuss why Haiti is in the state that it is? Seriously dude. Try getting your head out of your ass for once and actually try STUDYING HISTORY for a change.

OAW
She doesn't have to be a liar for #****Paris to be considered the sentiment of a jackass.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 10:15 PM

She doesn't have to be a liar for #****Paris to be considered the sentiment of a jackass.
Indeed. That's not right. And it's certainly not a sentiment I share. But it also wasn't right when 147 people were slaughtered at a college in Kenya 6 months ago. Yet the media coverage was .... different. Any way you slice it. Look it up my friend. You have to know by now that I'm not one to just make things up around here. And I submit to you that has a lot to do with where that type of anger comes from.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 15, 2015, 10:35 PM

Indeed. That's not right. And it's certainly not a sentiment I share. But it also wasn't right when 147 people were slaughtered at a college in Kenya 6 months ago. Yet the media coverage was .... different. Any way you slice it. Look it up my friend. You have to know by now that I'm not one to just make things up around here. And I submit to you that has a lot to do with where that type of anger comes from.

OAW
If I understand your point, I wouldn't say I disagree with it, but wouldn't say the above makes for a good example either. We're at war with the probable perpetrators.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 10:44 PM

If I understand your point, I wouldn't say I disagree with it, but wouldn't say the above makes for a good example either. We're at war with the probable perpetrators.
As are a lot of countries. Not just "Western" ones.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 11:21 PM

Again, the issue I'm taking is when the criticism lands on the other side of "they" and hits people who are guilty of nothing.
Right now the people catching it are the ones dishing it, so I'm not seeing a problem yet.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 16, 2015, 12:05 AM

As are a lot of countries. Not just "Western" ones.

OAW
That's a valid point, but this isn't solely a question of body count.

If this attack actually came from Syria/Iraq, the intent behind the attack was to display the ability to project force at a distance.

While utterly horrible, the Somali branch of Al-Qaeda mounting an attack 90 miles from the Somali border, doesn't have this distance element.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 12:05 AM

I'm not "implying" anything. It's readily apparent to anyone who can actually READ the man's own words which he not only said once but then DOUBLED DOWN on.
Yeah, make scurrilous comments about Badkosh and then try to turn it on someone else, that's the kind of worthless cheapshot that I've come to expect from you.

But you have repeatedly demonstrated a penchant for ignoring the obvious when it comes to such issues.
You can go to hell. Your perception of the world is ****ed, like other progressive types. What you think is "obvious" is due to your own corrupt worldview.

You will not acknowledge nor respond to any of the posts where I cited articles which described NUMEROUS black people who couldn't walk through certain parts of the Mizzou campus without having RACIAL SLURS hurled at them. Going back DECADES. So they avoid certain parts of the campus "like the plague". But instead you will try to harp on some post about a young black female who isn't shedding tears over what happened in Paris. Like this is about MEDIA COVERAGE. As if she was LYING about the French having enslaved and slaughtered MILLIONS of black people. Shall we discuss why Haiti is in the state that it is? Seriously dude. Try getting your head out of your ass for once and actually try STUDYING HISTORY for a change.
There is no evidence that there is a system of racism at Mizzou, and there were no issues now, until blacks there started pushing their agenda by marginalizing other students to gain more power, telling them how to talk, dress, and even think. Could there have been an occasional racial slur (by accounts those could go both ways) but it wasn't a common occurrence, so you report it and move on.

No, with as many lies told by blacks there over the last few weeks (the KKK, really?), I don't take them seriously. They're full of shit with their claims, just the same as you are with yours. Do you believe I can't see how this is going down? You think I haven't read Saul Alinsky? They're running his Rules like a playbook, step-for-step (much like you try to do), and like you, they're also privileged people. Many are from wealth and have never known real hardship (unlike that Asian girl they silenced and shoved aside for speaking her mind about her on her own experiences) unless you count the drink machine in the dorm running out of grape soda. They need to stop thinking the entire ****ing world revolves around their 1st World issues. Your little cherubs are 1%ers and the children of influential people, not Nigerian migrants. MLK marching up Washington Ave singing "We shall overcome" they are not.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 09:58 AM

So in your estimation that black students at Mizzou are "1%ers"? Clearly your idiocy knows no bounds.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 10:12 AM

So in your estimation that black students at Mizzou are "1%ers"? Clearly your idiocy knows no bounds.
That's what you got from that, you clown? Go **** yourself.

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 11:55 AM

Also, you owe Badkosh an apology, at the very least a PM. That was entirely uncalled for.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 12:29 PM

That's what you got from that, you clown? Go **** yourself.
What I got from this ...

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
They need to stop thinking the entire ****ing world revolves around their 1st World issues. Your little cherubs are 1%ers and the children of influential people, not Nigerian migrants. MLK marching up Washington Ave singing "We shall overcome" they are not.
.... coming right on the heels of this ...

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
There is no evidence that there is a system of racism at Mizzou, and there were no issues now, until blacks there started pushing their agenda by marginalizing other students to gain more power, telling them how to talk, dress, and even think. Could there have been an occasional racial slur (by accounts those could go both ways) but it wasn't a common occurrence, so you report it and move on.
... is that you are willfully blind and deliberately obtuse to the point where you are now making statements which defy simple logic and common sense. Like the black students at Mizzou are "1%ers". And let's keep it all the way 100 here. If I posted a THOUSAND ... TEN THOUSAND links of black students describing their experiences with racism on campus you STILL wouldn't believe it. Because that's what people like yourself who relish in the abject denial of racism do ... no matter how patently obvious it is! If a white man burned a cross in the front yard of a black family you would be the first one in line declaring "There's no evidence of racism it was just a case of ARSON!" And when they caught up with the guy and found he was driving a pickup truck with a Confederate flag in the window you would still be sitting there claiming that "The rebel flag has nothing to do with racism. It's just 'Southern Heritage'." I mean seriously. You are so delusional that you actually said "there were no issues now, until blacks there started pushing their agenda". Which has about as much credibility as this famous line ...

And I'm here to tell ya, our nigras were happy ... till those beatnik college kids came down here stirrin' things up. Before that, there wasn't anybody complainin'.
In all likelihood you've never stepped foot on the Mizzou campus a day in your sorry ass life. Probably don't even know anyone who's ever went to school there. And I'd bet a year's salary that you damned sure don't know any black Mizzou students past or present. So on what basis do you claim there were "no issues"? Just because you said so?

You seem to be under the very mistaken impression that somehow you get to define the experiences of African-American people. That the tens of thousands of social media posts shared by black college students about their experiences with racism on predominantly white campuses in the wake of the Mizzou protests have no legitimacy unless you choose to believe it. That all of those students are suffering from some sort of mass hallucination ... while you are the one who knows what's "really going down". I'm just trying to figure out how one can take such an arrogant yet simultaneously stupid position with a straight face?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 16, 2015 at 01:16 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 12:30 PM

Also, you owe Badkosh an apology, at the very least a PM. That was entirely uncalled for.
Really now? Because what I saw what this ...

Originally Posted by OAW
My point is there are PLENTY of very intelligent, upper-middle class and higher African-Americans who are by no means conservative Republicans. So I'll ask you again ... in your estimation are they not a part of "black culture"?
Originally Posted by Bad Kosh
No. Not really. They are actually cultured.
And if I have to actually explain how incredibly insulting (not to mention contradictory) that comment was then you have clearly lost your mind.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 16, 2015 at 01:19 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 01:31 PM

... is that you are willfully blind and deliberately obtuse to the point where you are now making statements which defy simple logic and common sense. Like the black students at Mizzou are "1%ers". And let's keep it all the way 100 here. If I posted a THOUSAND ... TEN THOUSAND links of black students describing their experiences with racism on campus you STILL wouldn't believe it. Because that's what people like yourself who relish in the abject denial of racism do ... no matter how patently obvious it is! If a white man burned a cross in the front yard of a black family your simple-minded ass would be the first one in line declaring "There's no evidence of racism it was just a case of ARSON!" And when they caught up with the guy and found he was driving a pickup truck with a Confederate flag in the window you would still be sitting there claiming that "The rebel flag has nothing to do with racism". I mean seriously. You are so delusional that you actually said "there were no issues now, until blacks there started pushing their agenda". Which has about as much credibility as this famous line ...
You lap up every lie they tell, every bit of hearsay they can hastily fit together. You bathe in the racist rhetoric, it's your caffeine to get you started every day. You know they're full of shit, because you're full of it too, because it's a play, politics through manipulation. You've been lapping it up for so long that you don't know what the truth is, and you don't care. The issue is that you dipshits don't know when to stop with the victim-playing. Also, the black leaders there are 1%ers, you colossal imbecile, not that it matters, because anything any black person (who isn't an Uncle Ruckus) says is the gospel truth to you. It's patently pathetic. So link some more baked-up outrage, that's what you're good at.

In all likelihood you've never stepped foot on the Mizzou campus a day in your sorry ass life. Probably don't even know anyone who's ever went to school there. And I'd bet a year's salary that you damned sure don't know any black Mizzou students past or present. So on what basis do you claim there were "no issues"? Just because you said so?
I actually have talked to people there, faculty and students, especially since this all started, and I do know blacks who have gone there, in recent times, so again you don't know WTF you're talking about, not that it's ever stopped you before. It's made-up, just another way to dredge for sympathy and get attention (and then they cry when that story loses a little traction, like it did after the Paris massacre). "But... but... we're victims too!" Boo-hoo-hoo. I'll get my info directly from the source, not from your ignorant ass, you pea-brained parrot.

You seem to be under the very mistaken impression that somehow you get to define the experiences of African-American people. That the tens of thousands of social media posts shared by black college students about their experiences with racism on predominantly white campuses in the wake of the Mizzou protests have no legitimacy unless you choose to believe it. That all of those students are suffering from some sort of mass hallucination ... while you are the one who knows what's "really going down". I'm just trying to decide if you are really that arrogant ... simply that stupid ... or both?
What's even more funny is how you think you're talking for ALL black people, you aren't. It's a bullshit political push, and while I'm sure there are racial incidents on US campuses (duh?), they go both ways, like with that Asian girl in the video I posted above (which you conveniently ignored). So go on Barbara, sing me another song, how about something from Funny Girl this time?

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 01:37 PM

Really now? Because what I saw what this ...

And if I have to actually explain how incredibly insulting (not to mention contradictory) that comment was then you have clearly lost your mind.
Yes, yes, he stated a generality and then you went for a direct smear. That's your usual MO, because you can't communicate without it. I suppose you were proving his point?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 01:46 PM

You lap up every lie they tell, every bit of hearsay they can hastily fit together.
Yep. Everybody's lying. Sure buddy.

The issue is that you dipshits don't know when to stop with the victim-playing.
So the ongoing racial hostility these black students are experiencing on predominantly white campus are either just a "lie" ... or it's real and they just need to accept it because assholes like you simply don't want to hear it. Sure buddy.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tiuhtpants
What's even more funny is how you think you're talking for ALL black people, you aren't.
I never claimed that I did. Nice attempt at deflection. What I am doing is actually LISTENING to what these black students have to say and not simply DISMISSING their concerns out of hand as you are wont to do.

I actually have talked to people there, faculty and students, especially since this all started, and I do know blacks who have gone there, in recent times, so again you don't know WTF you're talking about, not that it's ever stopped you before. It's made-up, just another way to dredge for sympathy and get attention (and then they cry when that story loses a little traction, like it did after the Paris massacre). "But... but... we're victims too!" Boo-hoo-hoo. I'll get my info directly from the source, not from your ignorant ass, you pea-brained parrot.
Wait you mean once-again you just happen to have some sort of "inside information" about a major news story? Like you supposedly did with the Trayvon Martin case? And the retired white cop who shot a guy in a Florida movie theater because he was on his phone? You know I bet you had dinner last week with the French intelligence agents that are tracking the ISIS terrorists who attacked Paris too huh?

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 16, 2015 at 02:25 PM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 01:46 PM

Dershowitz calls them book burners.

“These are the same people who claim they are seeking diversity. The last thing many of these students want is real diversity, diversity of ideas. They may want superficial diversity, diversity of gender, diversity of color, but they don’t want diversity of ideas.”
“We are seeing a curtain of McCarthyism descend over many college campuses,” said Dershowitz. “I don't want to make analogies to the 1930s, but we have to remember it was the college students who first started burning books during the Nazi regime. And these students are book burners. They don’t want to hear diverse views on college campuses.”

“When I went to speak at Johns Hopkins University there were protests," he said. “It was said that because I won’t acknowledge that Israel commits crimes against the Palestinians, I am quote ‘harassing students’ and violating the ethical standards of Johns Hopkins University.”

“By expressing my opinion,” he continued, “I am ‘harassing students.’ This has become a very serious problem not only in American universities, but in universities around the world as well. And it is influencing and having a terrible impact on the education of students.”

“It is the worst kind of hypocrisy,” said Dershowitz. “They want complete freedom over their sex lives, over their personal lives, over the use of drugs, but they want mommy and daddy, dean, and president to please give them a safe place, to protect them from ideas that maybe are insensitive. Maybe we’ll make them think, but it’s a double standard.”
“Look at what’s happening at Hunter University, City University of New York, students from Students for Justice in Palestine have issued a petition saying Zionist administrators are causing high tuition in the school,” said the former Harvard law professor.

“Zionist administrators, you know what they mean by Zionist?” he said. “They mean Jews. Blatant anti-Semitism, nobody says a word.”

He continued, “When I spoke at Johns Hopkins University, some of the protesting students, the same students who were talking about 'safe places,' painted a Hitler mustache on my posters. No concern about that, it’s an absolute double standard.

“It is free speech for me, but not for thee. And universities should not tolerate this kind of hypocrisy, double standard, and college administrators have to start treating students as adults and talking back to them.

“If you're going to be a college administrator, or a professor, if you have tenure, you have to speak back to the students, you have to call these things what they are: double standards, hypocrisy, bigotry, McCarthyism, and the fog of fascism is descending quickly over many American universities.”
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 01:59 PM

Yes, yes, he stated a generality and then you went for a direct smear. That's your usual MO, because you can't communicate without it. I suppose you were proving his point?
A "generality" rooted in racist stereotypes. "High Intelligence"? Nope ... that's not a part of "black culture". "High Income"? Nope ... that's not a part of "black culture" either. In fact, African-Americans who fit that description are "cultured" according to BadKosh ... so even "black culture" has no "culture". But in your estimation I'm the one who "went for a direct smear" for simply saying that his statement was "astoundingly ignorant". Which it is anyway you slice it. And quite frankly, your capacity to defend racist BS speaks volumes.

OAW

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2015, 02:23 PM

OAW, you seem to willfully forget the treatment successful blacks get from the rest. Your racist bias shows in your comments. Perhaps you aren't as great as you assume.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 02:46 PM

OAW, you seem to willfully forget the treatment successful blacks get from the rest. Your racist bias shows in your comments. Perhaps you aren't as great as you assume.
BadKosh,

You seem inclined to keep digging yourself into this hole so fine. I am one of those "successful blacks" of which you speak by any measure. Education. GPA. Career. Income. Etc. So please enlighten me on the treatment you think I get from less successful black people. And how that is indicative of "black culture" but how I roll is not. I'll wait.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 16, 2015 at 03:27 PM. )

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2015, 03:51 PM

You're no Clarence Thomas, Charles Bolden or Dr. Ben Carson.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 03:59 PM

You're no Clarence Thomas, Charles Bolden or Dr. Ben Carson.
Or anyone else that does not "toe the line."
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules