Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > What ruined Hillary's chances?

What ruined Hillary's chances?
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2016, 10:46 AM

IMO, cheating against Bernie, with the total support of the DNC, is what did her in. Most everything else was relatively minor, in the eyes of swing voters, but many Bernie Bros & Sisters never got over the backstabbing in the primaries.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 12, 2016, 03:46 PM

I'm not sure it was the backstabbing so much as she just wasn't their guy and was too establishment in comparison for them to support her.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

P
Nov 13, 2016, 05:01 PM

No, it is not the Bernie bros abandoning her. If it had been, she would be losing margin in places like California, which has a strong contingent of Bernie supporters and which is safely enough blue that there would be no real reason to go to the polling station just to keep Trump out. Instead, she is doing very well there - a big part of the reason she did end up winning the popular vote.

Clinton did not lose support nationally, she lost support regionally in the Midwest (including PA). This collapse is unprecedented - Texas was closer than Ohio, Georgia and Arizona were closer than Iowa. We can see from exit polls that many decided late, and that those that did broke for Trump 2:1. I think that Trump's "crooked Hillary" chant, aided by Comey's late announcement, got to voters who felt abandoned by the elite and now felt compelled to go along with destiny and anoint Clinton. They rebelled and picked the only other option - much like Brexit.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 05:05 PM

Running as "Obama's third term" wasn't helpful either.
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 09:46 AM

Her character, and continual lies about everything. Add in her vanishing for weeks for her health issues, and her denial of her illegal actions involving her emails server and the hideous judgements. All the bank stock went up when they thought she would win. Proof of how connected and controlled by big finance she was.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 10:02 AM

What ruined Hillary's chances? Unlike Bubba, she wasn't endorsed by P'Lod.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 09:40 AM

In all seriousness, I watch some of Obama's press conference yesterday. He noted that when he ran, he went everywhere. The talking heads on. FNC's The Five noted that Hillary was AWOL for a week at a time. Either she figured she had it in the bag, or she was afraid she would pass out on stage, again.
Trump, on the other hand, was doing multiple events a day. He was going to blue states when the media was telling him why even bother.
45/47

andi*pandi
Nov 15, 2016, 12:15 PM

The FBI and the Russians didn't help any. The polls were wrong on so many counts, that who knows if she could have carried her peak high poll without the outside interference.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 12:33 PM

Or Hillary was so irrationally hated that she actually gained ground by vanishing into thin air and letting Trump say stupid stuff.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 15, 2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Her character, and continual lies about everything.
That wasn't unique to her.

All the bank stock went up when they thought she would win. Proof of how connected and controlled by big finance she was.
Yeah, so explain the DOW right now.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2016, 12:40 PM

As Trump picks his cabinet the market will swing.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 15, 2016, 01:11 PM

Yes, but it swung right up and has stayed up since the election.

Your previous assertion was "All the bank stock went up when they thought she would win. Proof of how connected and controlled by big finance she was."

Would it be fair to say that Wall Street is happy that Trump won, and the market's movement since the election is proof of how connected and controlled by Wall Street he is?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2016, 01:24 PM

NO.. I would assume its because Trump is not anti-business like the Democrats.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 01:34 PM

The futures dip was to to the Clinton Foundation liquidating assets for a quick move to Argentina.
45/47

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
NO.. I would assume its because Trump is not anti-business like the Democrats.
But the banks are a business. If the banks were excited that Hillary was ahead, wouldn't that be because she was pro-banks and by extension pro-business?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
But the banks are a business. If the banks were excited that Hillary was ahead, wouldn't that be because she was pro-banks and by extension pro-business?
You're going to need to stop being so logical if you intend to continue this conversation.

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 09:54 PM

Isn't Trump already trying to deregulate the banks so they can screw the economy again?

That will please them.

I hear the interest rate on bonds for the US government jumped from 1.8 to 2.3% when Trump won. This will will have a knock-on effect for me. I'm now even more annoyed that Trump won.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 16, 2016, 11:20 AM

Yeah my 401k is doing really well. Thanks, Obama.

andi*pandi
Nov 16, 2016, 11:49 AM

Mine also.

EE57
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2016, 08:00 AM

Her husband is one of the main reasons, I think. Bill Clinton is a very infamous guy for what he has done and I know many people who did not want to vote for Hillary because of him. Also, her campaign was really weak. :/

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2016, 10:40 AM

Clinton Fatigue™
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Yeah my 401k is doing really well. Thanks, Obama.
Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Mine also.
Mine three.

So, why did Bill Ford call POTUS-Elect Trump, and not Lame-Duck-POTUS Obama to tell him that Ford will not be moving it's SUV production to Mexico?

BTW, the dip in futures election night was caused by the Clinton Foundation liquidating assets for a quick move to South America should Hillary be indicted.
45/47

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2016, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
So, why did Bill Ford call POTUS-Elect Trump, and not Lame-Duck-POTUS Obama to tell him that Ford will not be moving it's SUV production to Mexico?
Because it was a made up issue that wasn't ever really a real thing in the first place.

Forum Links
Forum Rules