Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Morphing software for Macintosh?

Morphing software for Macintosh?
Joelwins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2001, 09:45 AM

Does anyone out there know of any high quality morphing software currently available?

The original, "Morph" by Gryphon software seems to have disappeared.

I've found "Morpher 2.0", but this seems unreasonably slow on my very nice hardware (G3, 500 MHz).

Any experiences to share?

<anonymous>
Jun 25, 2001, 11:09 AM

The best thing I ever found was Elastic Reality by Avid. It's available for Mac and PC, has great features and gives really smooth tweening using spline based paths. The only downside is that it's not cheap $1,200.

There used to be a free demo available for download but I can't find the URL anywhere and it's not on www.elasticreality.com. A good review of it can be found here:
http://www.macaddict.com/issues/9805...icreality.html

Joelwins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2001, 12:03 PM

The only downside is that it's not cheap $1,200.
Possibly a bit out of my (or my university's) price range!! There seem to be some much cheaper solutions out there for PC's....surely we can match them in an area (graphics/animation/video) which has such a strong Mac foothold?!

Joelwins  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2001, 05:53 AM

I've found a way to download the demo of Elastic Reality, just in case anyone who comes across this thread is interested...

Elastic Reality Mac download

You can tell a crappy thread when three out of four posts are by the same person!

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2001, 12:29 AM

On Versiontracker I found MetaFlo

Also Etchelon Tracer

I haven't tried either one, and the Versiontracker review of MetaFlo is not goo; but Etchelon Tracer is only US$15.00.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Rick1138
Forum Regular
Jul 10, 2001, 09:48 AM

Actually,I have the basic version of Flo,it's only $100 and quite excellent.It comes with a manual that describes in detail how all the
controls work.The only negatives are that it comes only on floppies,I had to borrow an external floppy drive,and the interface is out of date,but other than that it works very well,it's fast and it can handle file sizes of several hundred megabytes.Flo is full-on professional software.

Forum Links
Forum Rules