Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How much to sell old ibook?

How much to sell old ibook?
nremondelli
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2007, 11:17 PM

I have an old iBook that I am trying to figure out how much to sell it for. It has been well used and has some chipped plastic and a stuck pixel on the lower part of the screen. However, it works fine and has been a work horse for me.
Any idea on a ballpark figure I should ask for it would help me out a lot. here are the deets:
CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (2.2)
CPU Speed: 800 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 640 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
30 Gig harddrive
Airport card

jaydon34
Senior User
Aug 10, 2007, 12:41 AM

I use to have one of these machines 2 years ago. I think I sold it for 400 but mines was flawless. So I'm guessing you could sell yours for 250-300 being that first generation Macbook's I've seen as low as 600.
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

Sethro
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2007, 05:08 PM

I don't think you'll really get alot of money for it, what I would do is keep it as a backup computer. Or perhaps you could turn it into a media server or store your important files and other sensitive information.

nremondelli  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2007, 10:41 PM

I don't want/expect a lot for it. just wondering what it is worth. I figured about 200 myself. Just curious what others thought.

DamnYank!
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2007, 04:40 PM

without seeing pics of the condition, i'd say on ebay you would be able to get 225-300 for it.

rjt1000
Senior User
Aug 11, 2007, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
I have an old iBook that I am trying to figure out how much to sell it for.
Check out completed auctions on eBay to get an idea of the fair market value of your iBook. Taking a quick scan: it looks like you could expect in the 250-350 range depending on specifics and condition. You might also want to sell the original airport card separately, as they can go for $75 or more on their own.

Forum Links
Forum Rules