Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > HTML error or just the browser?

HTML error or just the browser?
OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2003, 10:51 AM

Ok, I'm helping out working on a site using a ton of tables. Its not so bad to deal with, and it looks great in Safari and IE for PC, but using the latest Mozilla, one of the tables is off a pixel or two.

Safari:

Mozilla:

And the link to the file:
http://www.dt-design.com/test.html

If anyone can test the code and see what my error is, I'd really appreciate it...it's bugging the heck out of me. Thanks!

OptimusG4  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2003, 11:04 AM

Well, to my own amazement, I had to reduce the size of a table cell by 1 pixels, but I'm wondering if theres a better way to do it. If not, consider this topic closed

Simon Mundy
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2003, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
Well, to my own amazement, I had to reduce the size of a table cell by 1 pixels, but I'm wondering if theres a better way to do it. If not, consider this topic closed
Do you have a valid DOCTYPE declaration? If you do, take the code back to your original specs, but add the following to your CSS:

img { display: block }

Then try it in Mozilla. It's a known bug with Mozilla that images add extra whitespace if you have a well-formed DOCTYPE.

Of course, if you actually have images that you want to display inline, then you need to add an extra line again:

.inline { display: inline }

and then add that class to your inline images:

< img class="inline" src="blah.png" etc.. />

Cheers
Computer thez nohhh...

Forum Links
Forum Rules