Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > VT State Police and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (2 things we DON'T have) invade NH

VT State Police and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (2 things we DON'T have) invade NH
mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:27 PM

Yesterday was definatly an interesting day for me at work (For those who don't know yet I work at Best BUY....and I like it) because of two things:

1st: Yesterday BB was doing a national promotion in all of there appliance depts by giving out Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Well, the store I working at being a smaller then average store, doesn't have an appliance dept So the sign at the front door saying "Welcome to our appliance dept. ,please have a free doughnut" caught customers and employees equally off guard. However, since Many people in my part of the country have absolutly no clue what Krispy Kreme is, so many folks passed on them (However if they'd been "Dunkin' Doughnuts" they would have gone flying despite being a much inferior product IMHO.) Also, this brings up the fact that the nearest Krispy Kreme stores are over 100 miles away, yet somehow they delieved 300 doughnuts to my store (I feel really bad for the folks who delivered them cause after stopping at my store they had to go another 100 miles of so the the Burlington (Williston) VT Best Buy). So, as being only one of twoo whole employees who knew about Krispy Kremes I started educating them about Krispy Kreme (including what you do if you see there sign light up), they started trying them...well, lets just say I never thought I would ever see all the managers eat an entire box of doughnuts PER Manager, but yesterday, I DID!

2. As I was doing my usual walk around of the store, I took a glan ce into the mobile install bay (where we install car accesories) and was surprised to see a Vermont State Police Cruiser. Finding this a bit odd that we (a New Hampshire store) woould be working on Vermont State property after asking one of my colleagues about it, I found out we're going to be equipping 71 of there cruisers with handswe cell phone systems.

What I find especially funny is that the cops showed up the day we have doughnuts.....coinidence...I think not !

So that was what I wanted to share with you., thought some of you might find it interesting, if you didn't then...oh well.
iGeek

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2004, 08:21 PM

very amusing.

I've got a friend who consumed 19 Krispy Kremes in a single sitting - and she's not known for eating capacity!

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2004, 08:44 PM

I find it interesting... WTF is a Krispy Kreme? I live in Vermont... I don't believe I've ever been inside a Best Buy, although there is one across the river. Maybe I should go some day in hopes that they'll have some of these doughnuts.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2004, 10:08 PM

Best Buy is awesome, and Krisy Creme is also, only had it once, and they were fresh off the assembly line...

My life will never be the same.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 25, 2004, 11:02 PM

Best Buy sucks.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2004, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by Xeo:
Best Buy sucks.
Fixed.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2004, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by gorickey:
Fixed.
Damn, beat me to it.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2004, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by sek929:
Best Buy is awesome, and Tim Horton's is also,
My life will never be the same.
Fixed.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 26, 2004, 09:03 AM

I tried a Krispy Kreme donut a couple of weeks back. It was absolutely disgusting. I couldn't finish one. My GF had the exact same reaction.

We may as well have tried to eat a tub of lard with icing sugar on top.

fromthecloud
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2004, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Eug Wanker:
We may as well have tried to eat a tub of lard with icing sugar on top.
Mmmmmm...you're making me hungry.
chown -R us:us yourbase

Dissent is not un-American.

ryju
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 09:09 AM

Tim Horton's is about a million times better than KK

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2004, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by ryju:
Tim Horton's is about a million times better than KK
I had them for the first time on a two-week camping trip in Nova Scotia back in 2001. My life has never been the same since.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2004, 10:59 AM

Tim Horton?

Is that yet another doughnut place you inbred hicks have down south?

And compared to DD, KK is absolutely fu*king mouth-watering.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 26, 2004, 11:04 AM

Tim Horton?

No. Tim Horton's is Canadian. And unlike KK, the donuts there are actually edible.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2004, 11:24 AM

Tim Horton?

Go for a days drive north into Ontario, Quebec, or New Brunswick and try them for yourselves. You will soon agree they are the best doughnuts anywhere, far surpassing the measly offerings from DD.

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2004, 12:10 PM

I don't like Krispey Kremes at all, they're far too sweet and are simply yeast doughnuts with a heap of sugar glaze over top. Give me a good cake doughnut anyday.

The Ginger Rat
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2004, 12:36 AM

TIm Horton's filled doughnuts, like the Bavarian creme, are superior to Krispy Kreme's.

But the original Krispy Kreme, fresh and warm, is so *good*, especially with a hot coffee.

Forum Links
Forum Rules