Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > "Meet me @ MacWorld" OR "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"!

"Meet me @ MacWorld" OR "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"!
mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 02:15 PM

MacWorld is comig to Boston? and I didn'tknow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I have not known this! This sucks! (I remember it being discussed, but I never knew of the officail date)

To add insult to injury, I'm going to be in Peabody, MA (wait this could be a plus!) all week for trianing in my new job.....I wonder if I can sneak out for the keynote (I don't care if Steve is there or not....wait yes I do, oh well)?

GOOD NEWS THOUGH: In retrosect, Since, I'm going to technically be in town (Peabody is a 15 min drive to the north of Downtown Boston), and should have a laptop with me, if anyone wants to meet up with me, I'll let you know my schedule (I'll post in this thread), and perhaps we can hook up for lunch/dinner/drinks or something.

Let me know if you're interested.
iGeek

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2004, 02:22 PM

go"GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"!.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 9, 2004, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by mac-at-kearsarge:
Or what ?

Gonna scream again

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

-t

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 02:30 PM

Hey, if scream therapy is good enough for Steve, it's good enough for me (reference: "Pirates of Silicon Valley"
iGeek

mollusk
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 9, 2004, 02:49 PM

GOOD LUCK getting from Peabody to Boston in 15 minutes! Get on the red line to South Station if you do not drive.

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by mollusk:
GOOD LUCK getting from Peabody to Boston in 15 minutes! Get on the red line to South Station if you do not drive.
Actually I was planning on doing my usual trick and parking at Oak Grove on the Orange line. However the hotel I'm staying at (Holiday Inn on Rt. 1) suggest the blue line's Wonderland Station. Perhaps I'll try that.
iGeek

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2004, 04:40 PM

I thought Apple wasn't going to have a keynote at MW Boston? If that's the case, you wouldn't be missing much IMO...

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 9, 2004, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by CharlesS:
I thought Apple wasn't going to have a keynote at MW Boston? If that's the case, you wouldn't be missing much IMO...
Yeah, it's just a pipedream that I and some others have...

Well, we'll see the new iMac's announced in Paris then. PLEASE !

-t

SafariX
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 05:15 PM

So for both people that attend macworld because of Apple's boycott, do they get a group discount?

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2004, 03:18 PM

Greetings friends! Well I'm down here in Mass. I have been busy with my training so I haven't even tried to check out the expo, and looking at the reoplies this thread has already recieved, I think I'll spend my time down here doing other things.

Things like what I'm doing now which is posting from the North Shore (peabody Mass) Apple store. The weather sucks right now, But I think I'm going to head into Downtown Boston anyway. If I get daring, I think I'm going to try to make it to the Cambridge Store.

So, with that in mind, If any one wants to meet me there at 5:30/6 please head on over. I'm wearing a grey, long-sleeve dress shirt, with no tie and khaki (sp?) pants. For facial profile check out the photo thread and my pic SHOULD still be in there.

I will probably be hanging around over there for a while, so if you want to meet up, but think it might take you a little while, just post and say what timne you think you'll be there.

I haven't had dinner so, we could grab a bite to eat and I will tell you about my NEW job (Everyone else will have to wait till 8/2 to find out!

-m@k
iGeek

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2004, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by mac-at-kearsarge:
MacWorld is comig to Boston? and I didn'tknow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I have not known this! This sucks! (I remember it being discussed, but I never knew of the officail date)

To add insult to injury, I'm going to be in Peabody, MA (wait this could be a plus!) all week for trianing in my new job.....I wonder if I can sneak out for the keynote (I don't care if Steve is there or not....wait yes I do, oh well)?

GOOD NEWS THOUGH: In retrosect, Since, I'm going to technically be in town (Peabody is a 15 min drive to the north of Downtown Boston), and should have a laptop with me, if anyone wants to meet up with me, I'll let you know my schedule (I'll post in this thread), and perhaps we can hook up for lunch/dinner/drinks or something.

It's more like Mac World Lite..... even the last one I was at in NY in 2002 was kind of lame.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2004, 03:05 AM

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2004, 07:33 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Where can I get this w/o prescription ?

-t

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2004, 07:49 AM

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
we don't have time to stop for gas

buffalolee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2004, 09:52 AM

Well....it'll be interesting to see the exhibits. Too bad Apple isn't at Macworld this year.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2004, 02:47 PM

Lamest. MacWorld. Ever.

Maybe, just maybe, if you're a musician you might get something out of this year's WacWorld. I took the train up here to Boston from New Jersey (4 hours on Acela Express), walked the expo floor 3 times in 45 minutes (and I walked as slow as humanly possible) and left. I'm in the Club Acela Lounge at the South Train Station praying it won't be late. I thought last year's expo in NYC was pretty bad, and I understood why IDG would want a change of venue. Hey, anything to add a little juice to the event. But with no Apple in attendance it looks like about 75% of the vendors from last show decided not to come. Maybe Day 1 was better, but this is really sad. I'd be shocked if they had an east coast show next year. IDG has already booked the same Convention Hall and Expo Center here in Boston for next year, but there is no way, no how, with this kind of attendance, that they'll put on the show. It's dead. I guess MWSF is the last option for the hard core Mac fanatics.

Forum Links
Forum Rules