Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > anna nicole in the news again, but not for what you think

anna nicole in the news again, but not for what you think
iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2006, 12:55 PM

http://www.annanicole.com/

pretty much sums things up .
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Ham Sandwich
Sep 11, 2006, 01:20 PM

From what it sounded like from what I read this morning, he died in the same hospital she was giving birth in.

I'm placing my bets on suicide as the cause.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2006, 01:25 PM

I didn't know she had a 20-year-old son.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2006, 01:45 PM

I got a 'failed to open page error,' perhaps there's too much traffic right now. Could somebody sum it up for us?

Ham Sandwich
Sep 11, 2006, 01:49 PM

From the AP:

NASSAU, Bahamas - The 20-year-old son of
Anna Nicole Smith has been found dead in the Bahamas, where the former reality TV star and Playboy playmate gave birth to a baby girl days earlier.

Authorities had not determined what caused the death of Daniel Wayne Smith, whose body was found Sunday morning, said Robin Bonnema, a spokeswoman for Trimspa, the diet products company that has been endorsed by Smith. Bonnema had no other details, and calls to Smith's lawyer, Howard K. Stern of Santa Monica, Calif., were not immediately returned.

Bonnema declined to provide details, saying only that Smith died "in his bed."

A statement on Smith's Web site said the son died suddenly.

"We have yet to learn the cause of death but do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor," the statement said. "Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being."

Walter Evans, a spokesman for the Royal Bahamian Police Force, would say only that the son of an undisclosed celebrity had been found in a room of the private Doctor's Hospital in Nassau.

Anna Nicole Smith, 38, gave birth to a healthy 6 pound, 9 ounce girl at the hospital on Thursday, her Web site said.

Her son had traveled to the Caribbean country "to share in the joy of his baby sister," the statement said. "Please do not make any press inquiries at this time so that Anna Nicole can grieve in peace."

Smith married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year. In March, the Supreme Court upheld Smith's right to a bequeathment of $474 million, though legal battles with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, have continued.

Daniel Smith had small roles in her movies "Skyscraper" and "To the Limit." He also appeared several times on the E! reality series "The Anna Nicole Show."

Bonnema said she did not know the name of Daniel Smith's father or that of the baby girl.

___

On the Net:

http://www.annanicole.com/

___

Associated Press writer Daisy Nguyen is Los Angeles contributed to this report.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2006, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by screamingFit
From the AP:

NASSAU, Bahamas - The 20-year-old son of
Anna Nicole Smith has been found dead in the Bahamas, where the former reality TV star and Playboy playmate gave birth to a baby girl days earlier.
That's an unfortunate line break...I was really confused at first.

mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2006, 01:56 PM

Regardless of what you may think of her, its really sad to bury your child.
( Last edited by mac128k-1984; Sep 11, 2006 at 03:05 PM. )
Michael

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2006, 01:59 PM

That's actually rather sad...

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2006, 01:59 PM

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
I didn't know she had a 20-year-old son.
Geez, neither did I. She seemed awfully young to have a son that old. Makes me feel ancient. That's way too young to die--I hope it wasn't suicide.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2006, 02:50 PM

I watched her show and her son was a shy, sweet, harmless little kid. I feel really bad for her.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by screamingFit
Smith's lawyer, Howard K. Stern
LOL, wouldn't it be funny if the other Howard Stern was her lawyer ?

-t

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Geez, neither did I. She seemed awfully young to have a son that old. Makes me feel ancient. That's way too young to die--I hope it wasn't suicide.
She would have been 18 when he was born. Kinda soon for some people.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2006, 04:05 PM

Her lawyer was on the show also. He is a little insecure jewish mama's boy and a total dork.

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2006, 07:54 PM

I'd be interested to see the conlusion of any autopsy conducted. It's not usual occurrance that a 20 year old dies suddenly, and the usual suspects are drug overdoses and car crashes.

I see his face clearly, he always looked so miserable on that show. You could tell that he didn't want to be involved.
( Last edited by CleoW; Sep 11, 2006 at 10:11 PM. )
13" MacBook Intel Core Duo- 1GB RAM- 80GB HD| 30GB iPod Video| 1GB iPod Nano

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
I watched her show and her son was a shy, sweet, harmless little kid. I feel really bad for her.
Ya, I saw him a few times on her show, and I agree.

Ham Sandwich
Sep 12, 2006, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Ya, I saw him a few times on her show, and I agree.
I'll third that sentiment.

I only caught the show a couple of times but with her screeching, whiny voice and stupid antics, you could see the embarrasment on his face when he was on camera. Her kid didn't seem to fit into that household at all - seemed withdrawn and quiet (and, who could blame him?). That's why I was guessing suicide - either intentional or by OD'ing.

dale
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by mac128k-1984
Regardless of what you may think of her, its really sad to bury your child.
Wholeheartedly agree. My wife and I lost our baby son just over a year ago. It was the most horrific experience I have ever been through. I just hope the press respects her privacy at this terrible time.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Sep 12, 2006, 09:44 AM

Ok the story gets stranger... turns out he was in hospital with his mom visiting the baby when he sat in the chair next to her and died. She thought he was sleeping.

"Hello, what have we here?

CIA
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 05:44 PM

A few responses to this... Last fall I worked on a movie called "Illegal Aliens" starring Anna Nicole and a few others (Former Wrestler Chyna also stars). Anna is crazy, to say the least. Her son was on set quite a bit, and was really a down to earth person, which suprised me given the nut-job her mom can be at times. Howard Stern, her laywer, was also a very nice person. If you had to manage her, you would be crushed also.
I'm sorry to see that Dan passed away. I hadn't spoke to him since the wrap of filming, but he was a solid guy with a bright future.

On a side note. Chyna, regardless of press, is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I would certainly work with her again. She nailed EVERY scene we gave her, and did it with style.

I would kill myself before I made a movie with Anna again.
Work: 2008 8x3.2 MacPro, 8800GT, 16GB ram, zillions of HDs. (video editing)
Home: 2008 24" 2.8 iMac, 2TB Int, 4GB ram.
Road: 2009 13" 2.26 Macbook Pro, 8GB ram & 640GB WD blue internal
Retired to BOINC only: My trusty never-gonna-die 12" iBook G4 1.25

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
Ok the story gets stranger... turns out he was in hospital with his mom visiting the baby when he sat in the chair next to her and died. She thought he was sleeping.
How disturbing.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2006, 10:56 PM

Death said to be 'suspicious' by authorities; they claim he did not die of natural causes and are holding an inquest into the death, which may lead to criminal charges.

CNN.com - Coroner's office: Death of Anna Nicole Smith's son 'suspicious' - Sep 13, 2006

Coroner: Anna Nicole Son's Death Unnatural - Yahoo! News

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by CIA
On a side note. Chyna, regardless of press, is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I would certainly work with her again. She nailed EVERY scene we gave her, and did it with style.
She was on a Who's Line is it Anyway? rerun I saw a few weeks ago, and she seemed really nice. They found ways to have her make out with both Colin and Ryan, it was hilarious.

natnabour
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2006, 12:15 AM

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2006, 10:36 AM

Anna Nicole Smith frantically tried to revive her stricken son and had to be sedated after he died, her attorney said Wednesday. Authorities termed the death "suspicious" and said criminal charges could be filed.

"The devastation and grief over Daniel's sudden death coupled with the sedation has been so extreme that Anna Nicole experienced memory loss of the event," attorney Michael Scott said.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Anna Nicole Smith frantically tried to revive her stricken son and had to be sedated after he died, her attorney said Wednesday. Authorities termed the death "suspicious" and said criminal charges could be filed.

"The devastation and grief over Daniel's sudden death coupled with the sedation has been so extreme that Anna Nicole experienced memory loss of the event," attorney Michael Scott said.

None of that is surprising, if it wasn't for her new daughter to keep her strong she might have ended it all then and there.

I could never imagine that she caused his death but the stories have mentioned that there was a 3rd person in the room when he died. Should prove interesting although tragic.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2006, 11:00 AM

dale

Wholeheartedly agree. My wife and I lost our baby son just over a year ago. It was the most horrific experience I have ever been through. I just hope the press respects her privacy at this terrible time.
I'm sorry, dale.

Now, I have heard word from a person in media that Anna Nicole's son took too many anti-depressants - which were actually Anna Nicole's and not his - in combination with another drug. What that drug is/was remains to be seen but I'll wager it was something to keep him "up" like a legal amphetamine used in - Voila - diet pills.

When he arrived the night before he was vomiting and coughing up blood and was sick.

I was once taking speed on a cross-country drive. The legal kind, mind you, the stuff sold at truck stops. Anyway, I was drinking coffee, taking aspirin for a bad headache, and taking this crap to stay awake.

I finally pulled over in one city and went to the ER because I was so sick. While there I started vomiting blood and went immediately into surgery to repair a hole in my stomach from a bad ulcer. In fact, I understand that if I hadn't been there at precisely that time that I would have bled to death.

The point is that drugs and amphetamines/speed ate a hole through the lining of my stomach over about 4 days of driving. I never knew it. I only knew I felt lousy.

So, we'll see what comes of this, but if he was taking the wrong combination of drugs and/or speed - and after all she was the spokesperson for a diet drug that uses speed or caffeine as an appetite depressant - then that might have been the cause.

We shall see.

All I know is that I've caught her show here and there and the boy, her son Daniel, was the only redeeming quality or person on that show. He seemed like a really good kid. She's a train wreck on the other hand.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
I was once taking speed on a cross-country drive. The legal kind, mind you, the stuff sold at truck stops. Anyway, I was drinking coffee, taking aspirin for a bad headache, and taking this crap to stay awake.

That is a bit irresponsible don't you think?

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2006, 11:11 AM

I could never imagine that she caused his death but the stories have mentioned that there was a 3rd person in the room when he died. Should prove interesting although tragic.
Anna's Bahamanian attorney says the other person was her lawyer, Howard Stern.

memento
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2006, 05:12 PM

That is a bit irresponsible don't you think?
Her point was these something like that can really sneak up on you, and with ready access to things like that (aspirin and her diet drugs), it could have snuck up on him, too.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2006, 06:53 PM

So her lawyers are Howard Stern and Michael Scott?

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer
So her lawyers are Howard Stern and Michael Scott?
Howard Stern has been her lawyer/friend/PR person for years. Scott is a Bahamanian attorney that she employed during her stay.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2006, 07:25 PM

Landos Mustache:

Irresponsible for taking the speed regularly sold at gas stations and truck stops across this country to truck drivers making long hauls, you mean?

Because, yes, I guess you could consider it that. But apparently the FDA doesn't consider it too much of a danger because it IS available all over and truck drivers driving huge trucks that are several tons heavy are also taking it.

My point is that something that you would never consider very dangerous - a combination of aspirin, coffee, and legal speed in tablet form - gave me a hole in the stomach over a period of about four days. I'm saying that maybe Anna Nicole's son also took a combination of drugs that killed him.

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 14, 2006, 07:43 PM

Cody, the FDA can't touch that stuff because it's packaged and sold as a "dietary supplement" and thus outside their control. Too bad too, because a lot of those "supplements" are dangerous-as much because they don't have consistent potentcy and quality as for what they do overall. But it doesn't take even much of a combination of things to hurt your stomach. I knew a guy who thought he had suddenly developed an ulcer because he threw up blood. Nope-he was taking mega doses of ibuprophen because of muscle aches and a cold. Stopped the ibu-stopped the bleeding.

In other words, it is EASY to screw up your body with stuff that's "over the counter, so it's safe, right?" The answer to that one is.....WRONG! But that's the way people think.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2006, 07:46 PM

Landos Mustache:

Irresponsible for taking the speed regularly sold at gas stations and truck stops across this country to truck drivers making long hauls, you mean?
Close. Drugs aside I actually meant driving when struggling to stay awake.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2006, 07:49 PM

I agree it's dangerous to drive when tired. That's why I took those drugs and cups of coffee to stay awake.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2006, 08:04 PM

I was once taking speed on a cross-country drive. The legal kind, mind you, the stuff sold at truck stops…
Where they called Mini Thins?

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2006, 11:41 PM

Hotels are cheap in da South- go on and pull over and deal with it.

Regardding ANSmith, NO ONE deserves to lose their child.

Side Note just cuz: My uncle died at 42, hit a tree skiing. A great man, took care of everyone, including his father.

Understand, my grandfather is deaf since 3 yr old. My dad and uncle were raised by deaf parents and we all know ASL.

Saddest moment in my life was not my uncle dying but my grandfather wailing during the 21 gun salute- oblivious to the silence.

the wail heard round the world.

Parents should not bury their children.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2006, 11:58 PM

I assure you, I am not trying to make light of this, but...
Latest

Those of you here have fine prediction powers... what's going on?

Forum Links
Forum Rules