Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just got a refurb CD MacBook to take to MWSF

Just got a refurb CD MacBook to take to MWSF
mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2006, 02:02 PM

Thanks to the accommodation I get from my company for being an apple partner, I got it for only $749 ($100 less then the education price). I'm so giddy right now I had to brag.
iGeek

mindwaves
Dec 9, 2006, 10:01 PM

Congrats! It's my favorite laptop ever. Much much better than my 867 G4 12'' PB and it was about 1/2 of the price for much more sans the supedrive.

mac-at-kearsarge  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2006, 01:09 AM

WOO HOO! It came today and I'm using it right now. FedEx redeamed themselves after they didn't deliver it yesterday (Even though it wa put on a truck), then stated at 9PM that no one had been home nf the tracker. Needless to say I wasn't expecting it till tommarow (Monday) but I guess due to being short staffed for the holidays they just couldn't get to my house in time yesterday, so they made a special trip today.

This is the first time I've had a chance to really experience an Intel Mac........I'm overwhelmingly impressed! I can't believe how, even though it has 1/2 the RAM, it kicks my G4 Mini with 1GB.

I love how when watch steaming videos it doesn't panic and crank the fans to high after five seconds. I'm thrilled with the new keyboard style: very comfortable.

I'll take a new family pic to put in the pic thread sometime tommaow.
iGeek

macuser9909
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2006, 03:01 AM

what was the price before the student discount?

ChasingApple
Senior User
Dec 18, 2006, 03:13 AM

Ahh the feeling you get with a new Mac, tis something to cherish always
iMac G4 / Macbook

Forum Links
Forum Rules