Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Suitcase, IE, MacNN conflict

Suitcase, IE, MacNN conflict
climber
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2002, 01:36 PM

I have discovered a conflict between Internet Explorer and Suitcase that somehow prevents cookies from working properly. I noticed that every time I would visit the MacNN forums I would have to log on again instead of greeting me with my user name like it used to.

This problem would crop up only if Suitcase was running when I launched IE. The solution is simple, don�t have suitcase running with IE.

This happens on my B/W G3 and my iBook in OSX (with current software)
climber

malvolio
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2002, 01:41 PM

Suitcase apparently has a number of "issues." Try Font Reserve instead.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

KidRed
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2002, 02:14 PM

I have suitcase running at launch, I surf using IE 70% of the time and looking at my post count, I've been to MacNN a few times. I do not have the same experience as you.

Last week, I did have an issue with macnn not rembering my info either, but i do not attribute this to suitcase as it didn't happen before last week and isn't happening this week. All along suitcase was and still is running.

It was something else. And no, FontReserve is not a viable option.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

climber  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2002, 02:21 PM

It could be due to the fact that I am using a demo of suitcase. I don't know and frankly this program is not worth paying for yet. I will be giving font reserve a look.

But, it is repeatable across both my G3 and my iBook. the problem is immediatly resolved by quitting suitcase. becouse it happens on both my macs I am inclined to think many more people share this conflict.
climber

KidRed
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2002, 04:07 PM

As I stated earlier, I no longer have your issue with Suitcase still running and surfing on IE.

So what ever happened to me last week is no longer an issue this week, so to assume Suitcase is the sole cause I think is inaccurate. There is something else aiding your problems.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Forum Links
Forum Rules