Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple re-issues iOS 9.3.2 patch for 9.7-inch iPad Pro owners [u]

Apple re-issues iOS 9.3.2 patch for 9.7-inch iPad Pro owners [u]
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 2, 2016, 01:21 PM

A bit earlier today, Apple re-released iOS 9.3.2 for 9.7-inch iPad Pro owners through the iOS software update feature. The re-release is only for that particular model, and restoring an iPad Pro through iTunes following download will bring the afflicted iPad back to life.

Users seeing Error 56 "might have a hardware issue," according to the Apple support page for error codes. Users who saw the error are advised to make sure that they have the newest iTunes, and check for issues with third-party security software. Should a cable or network reliability check fail, users are advised to contact Apple.

MacNN has contacted the Genius Bar at five Northern Virginia and Washington, DC Apple stores since our initial update, with 11 customers coming in for service across all the stores queried for the problem since the update. However, this may not be an indication of a very rare problem, as the iPad Pro 9.7-inch model has only recently started shipping, and is heavily outnumbered by older iPad models. In all cases, the afflicted units were replaced with service department stock.

Despite today's release, the current beta iOS 9.3.3 update is not available for 9.7-inch iPad Pro models. A re-release of the beta is expected next week. It has not yet been explained why some iPad Pros were "bricked" as a result of the update.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jun 3, 2016 at 12:15 PM. )

Pennyk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2016, 01:40 PM

I've noticed that if i don't update to the latest iTunes syncing with my devices stops. Is this normal procedure for Apple?
Also sending constant daily reminders to update your device.
There doesn't seem to be much benefit to staying put when your system is stable. Although it seems to be a while after a new release, you must update to get things working again.

NickChapin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2016, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the update! I believe I'll wait a few days to see if other people have issues before I run this;I have neither the time nor desire to deal with any bricking issues.

Forum Links
Forum Rules