Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Gay roommates

Gay roommates (Page 4)
phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
This is not true; you should see the flowers they have in their gardens and the lilacs are so much bigger than the one in Canada and spring comes earlier than in Canada.

Of course I am jelous I want to live in a country like France because I love the culture, the good manners, the food, the culture (the incredible museums, the architecture, the incredible beautiful classical music), the history, the pride they have in their country (not comparing themselves to others all the time), their humanity.... A person like me would never spend 2 minutes on a computer if I were living in Paris unless it would be my job. It is unfair that I have to live in hell and him who hates France and the culture can live there for over 2 months.
In his defense, let me just note that it IS one of his jobs, as he is currently programming updates to our apps, one of which will be released tomorrow.

"It is unfair that I have to live in hell." Wow, sorry about that.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ambush
Wow Monique, there's something wrong with you... I can't put my finger on it.

Is it what they call a mid-life crisis?

Oh and here are my photos.. at least a very, very, very small selection of them.

http://flickr.com/photos/88897761@N00/sets/1208891/
Those pictures just show your age. Mine are more interesting, but I have a higher sense of culture than you do. You seem to be obssessed by your girlfriend, do you have to take so many pictures of her and you are not that attractive anyway; so should I care that a child like you makes stupid comments about a person as wonderful as me, no way.

I know what I am worth and it is a lot more than you, anyway you look wasted in all of those pictures, is there a moment you were not stoned and while you were wasted, all the time, did you actually see anything??

And aren't you supposed to work on a computer program or what??

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 10:38 AM

ˆ

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2006, 10:44 AM

Those pictures just show your age. Mine are more interesting, but I have a higher sense of culture than you do. You seem to be obssessed by your girlfriend, do you have to take so many pictures of her and you are not that attractive anyway; so should I care that a child like you makes stupid comments about a person as wonderful as me, no way.

I know what I am worth and it is a lot more than you, anyway you look wasted in all of those pictures, is there a moment you were not stoned and while you were wasted, all the time, did you actually see anything??

ZOMG YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT LOOKS YOUR SOOO SUPERFICIAL AND STOOPID AND WOMAN ARE ALL PIGS AND THEY ONLY WANT MEN FOR THEY'RE BODYS AND...uh...I don't know.

Monique: post a pic of yourself. We'll compare your pic to his and say who's more attractive. And as far as these boards go, I don't think there is any question at all who is worth more (hint: not you).

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gossamer
ZOMG YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT LOOKS YOUR SOOO SUPERFICIAL AND STOOPID AND WOMAN ARE ALL PIGS AND THEY ONLY WANT MEN FOR THEY'RE BODYS AND...uh...I don't know.

Monique: post a pic of yourself. We'll compare your pic to his and say who's more attractive. And as far as these boards go, I don't think there is any question at all who is worth more (hint: not you).
I did not say that I am more attractive (which men seem to be obssess about) I said I am more wonderful and a better person.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2006, 11:18 AM

I did not say that I am more attractive (which men seem to be obssess about) I said I am more wonderful and a better person.
I wouldn't make fun of you thinking him being unattractive if you can't speak about it...
And not only is your statement arrogant, but most likely wrong. He's contributed a lot more to these boards (and most likely society in general) than you.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2006, 11:21 AM

He's contributed a lot more to these boards (and most likely society in general) than you.
Sorry, there's no evidence to support this. We don't know how much Monique contributes to society in real life.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2006, 11:25 AM

I wouldn't make fun of you thinking him being unattractive if you can't speak about it...
And not only is your statement arrogant, but most likely wrong. He's contributed a lot more to these boards (and most likely society in general) than you.
Really he is 18 and I am 47; I have more life experience than he does; the reason why I am making fun of his appearance is that he prefer to insult me than to show that he is not wasting his time in this wonderful city that is Paris.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jun 29, 2006, 11:28 AM

I said I am more wonderful and a better person.
Than who? Celine Dion?

"Hello, what have we here?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 11:32 AM

Can't you just drop your pants and take a crap in the street in Paris? Or is it only taking a leak in public that's allowed?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
Than who? Celine Dion?
Ambush of course, but I am less tra... than Celine.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 11:41 AM

tra... = tranny ?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 29, 2006, 01:06 PM

This thread is golden

Anyone wanna start fundraising to pay Monique a trip to Paris?
( Last edited by ambush; Jun 29, 2006 at 01:15 PM. )

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 29, 2006, 01:19 PM

You sound like you want to convince yourself that you are a wonderful person...

Also, I want you to know, I'm glad you don't find me attractive.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 01:39 PM

This thread is a great example of how the poisoned de haut en bas attitude of Paris extends beyond the city's physical borders.

If this were a thread about living in London, I guarantee there wouldn't be as many vicious verbal attacks being lobbed back and forth.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 01:40 PM

Yeah, whatever — can you take a dump in the street or not?

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2006, 01:42 PM

Seriously Monique, do you have a shrink? You sound totally manic depressive.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 29, 2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
First time I've laughed out loud reading these forums in a long time...

THANK YOU!!!

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 01:46 PM

Seriously Monique, do you have a shrink? You sound totally manic depressive.
I've already established this in another thread a month or so ago: she's menopausal.

END OF STORY.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
I think you're only allowed to on Quai Des Etats-Unis.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2006, 01:57 PM

You can take a public dump anywhere - even in deepest Texas. The result will be pretty much identical to the one you can expect trying that sort of stunt in Paris.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 29, 2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
You can take a public dump anywhere - even in deepest Texas. The result will be pretty much identical to the one you can expect trying that sort of stunt in Paris.
Unless you're canine. And then it's expected in Paris.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 06:23 AM

Yay, I found a job in an italian ice cream shop in the Marais

Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 06:35 AM

Hmmm... in Monique we have found someone as bitchy as SWG.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
Unless you're canine. And then it's expected in Paris.
nah, not anymore.
I have yet to see fecal matter on the sidewalk.

I agree that it used to be a problem.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 09:21 AM

Yay, I found a job in an italian ice cream shop in the Marais
Ooo, I was talking to some friends last night and they said that Italy has some of the best ice cream in the world.

micahthompson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2006, 02:04 PM

Ooo, I was talking to some friends last night and they said that Italy has some of the best ice cream in the world.

Yeah, I had the bastardized american version when I was in the hopsital and that was really good. So, the real thing must be at least 10 times better.

You can poop on the street in anywhere but the bigger towns in mexico and no one will care. Kinda gross actually.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 02:41 PM

Well, you now have ambush, who is Canadian, selling Italian ice cream, in France. Probably to foreign (American or Japanese) tourists.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 02:46 PM

nah, not anymore.
I have yet to see fecal matter on the sidewalk.

I agree that it used to be a problem.
Good!

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Hmmm... in Monique we have found someone as bitchy as SWG.

OOOOOOhhh, good one

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 03:54 PM

Monique, I think someone said English isn't your first language, so maybe it would be wise to just advise you:

You come off as a real jerk here. (English isn't ambush's first language, either, by the way.)

As was said earlier, ambush has probably contributed more than you (to the forums at the very least), even if he's overreacted and spat venom at his criticizers (you included) throughout his MacNN tenure. He's also younger than you (by far) and no one should expect him to be your mature equal (although, in this case, he's been just as mature as you have been).

I don't always agree with ambush: the way he handles situations, or some of his political naivety; but he's a helluva lot more welcome to these boards than I think you should be.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
Monique, I think someone said English isn't your first language, so maybe it would be wise to just advise you:

You come off as a real jerk here. (English isn't ambush's first language, either, by the way.)

As was said earlier, ambush has probably contributed more than you (to the forums at the very least), even if he's overreacted and spat venom at his criticizers (you included) throughout his MacNN tenure. He's also younger than you (by far) and no one should expect him to be your mature equal (although, in this case, he's been just as mature as you have been).

I don't always agree with ambush: the way he handles situations, or some of his political naivety; but he's a helluva lot more welcome to these boards than I think you should be.
So what!!

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 04:10 PM

Someone agrees with me
BTW I'd rather read 1000 of Monique's posts than 10 of Rob's

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2006, 04:15 PM

Rob is a nutter. I don't think there's a single person on NN who wants him here (except for one of the mods who he's friends with apparently).

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 04:49 PM

So what!!
You're a better person indeed.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2006, 05:42 PM

You're a better person indeed.
He has been a jerk with me not just on this thread but elsewhere. Yes I am a better person a lot nicer; he belongs with what is worst in Paris and I belong to what is best. Youth is never an excuse for being a jerk. I had to deal with people like you two as an operator very often and you are not really worth it.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 05:45 PM

He has been a jerk with me not just on this thread but elsewhere. Yes I am a better person a lot nicer; he belongs with what is worst in Paris and I belong to what is best. Youth is never an excuse for being a jerk. I had to deal with people like you two as an operator very often and you are not really worth it.
I've never really seen you be nice to anyone on these boards. You are racist, create stereotypes and are just all round miserable all the time.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 05:52 PM

^

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 30, 2006, 06:15 PM

So it's pick on Monique time again?

Well done, fellas. Proud of you.

micahthompson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2006, 07:01 PM

I love it when people argue on the internet.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 07:34 PM

Well, you now have ambush, who is Canadian, selling Italian ice cream, in France. Probably to foreign (American or Japanese) tourists.
* quebeco-Italian selling italian ice cream in the country of my ancestors ^_^

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
So it's pick on Monique time again?

Well done, fellas. Proud of you.

If she's stop being such a bitch and telling everyone else what horrible people they are it wouldn't be a problem.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 09:41 PM

* quebeco-Italian selling italian ice cream in the country of my ancestors ^_^
Like I said: Canadian, selling Italian ice cream, in France.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 30, 2006, 09:42 PM

If she's stop being such a bitch and telling everyone else what horrible people they are it wouldn't be a problem.
[/Cue poor Allanis M. reference]

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 30, 2006, 09:45 PM

[/Cue poor Allanis M. reference]
...Don't ya think?

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2006, 12:30 AM

non! I is more better than all of you!

Sage
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2006, 01:13 AM

You know what, not to get on my high horse, but I have to make a comment:

I moderate over at another forum that gets far more traffic than this one, and it’s mostly composed of 13–20 year olds. Should be much worse than this forum, right? Wrong – arguments are very rare, and 98% of the time they’re civil and respectful. There are disagreements, but everyone usually manages to come to terms without the name-calling and poo-flinging that goes on around here. I can’t even remember the last time I gave out a warning for arguing or name-calling.

Seriously, some of you should be ashamed that a hoard of pubescent teenagers are acting way more maturely than a number of the adults here. I’d like to participate more often at MacNN, but everytime I walk into the Lounge, every thread has gone to hell by the second page.

Anyway, I’m saying this because I genuinely like this forum – I visit several hours every day, and read many of the topics in the Lounge, because I find them interesting, and a number of the people here are good people to have a conversation with. But I would like this forum even more if every thread didn’t turn into a shouting match between the same three or four people.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2006, 12:16 PM

Most of MacNN is well behaved (for instance the Software forums, the MacBook forums, etc). But I agree the lounge is out of control. Too many keyboard warriors and people trying to upstage one another.

unixfool
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2006, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by phillryu

And no, stwain, I would have to say that objectively speaking, not having tried pot (especially at your age) is, um, not as great of a feat as writing thousands of lines of code and creating a pretty popular shareware Mac app.
Your grade school days must have been like 50 yrs ago. I've heard of 10 yr olds smoking pot, and I talk to other parents (yes, I've 3 kids). I've the feeling its pretty hard to go through grade school and NOT smoke pot these days. You will probably get the same feeling if you pick up a local newspaper and read it from time to time.
:) unixfool :)
http://www.unixfool.com
_____
iMac 27" 3.06GHz C2D | White MB CD 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD | Graphite PMac G4 500MHzx2, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD | White iPhone 3G 16GB | Black iPhone 3GS 32GB

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
But I agree the lounge is out of control. Too many keyboard warriors and people trying to upstage one another.

thats why i come to the lounge

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Forum Links
Forum Rules