Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Has anyone been able to convert a large library to DL2?

Has anyone been able to convert a large library to DL2?
cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2008, 12:03 AM

I haven't been able to get my DL1 library to convert to DL2 after trying it several times. Tonight, after installing DL2 v10407, I gave it another try.

It stalled two-thirds of the way through updating, just like before. I decided to try troubleshooting one more time.

My book library has 4318 items in it, so I deleted 2,000 books from the DL1 library, saved and opened DL2.

DL2 imported the truncated DL1 library just fine. I quit from DL2, then deleted the Delicious Library Items.deliciouslibrary2 file from Library > Application Support > Delicious Library 2 so I could start again fresh.

I restored my DL1 library from Time Machine, opened DL1 and deleted the 2318 items from my library that I hadn't touched earlier. I knew they were OK because DL2 had just imported them. Now I was left with 2000 items that had not been imported into DL2. At this point, I fully expected DL2 to stall when it updated the library.

DL2 updated with no problem.

So I've proven that DL2 won't import my DL1 library if it has 4318 items in it, but it works just fine if I import that same library in a chunk of 2000 or 2318 items!

Unless I'm the only one with a large library experiencing this, it would seem there's a really nasty problem in DL2.

Which leads to my question: Has anyone successfully imported a book library of 3000 or more items from DL1?
( Last edited by cchris; Jun 20, 2008 at 12:18 AM. )
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2008, 10:02 PM

Hi Cchris and anyone else who's experiencing crashing while trying to upgrade large libraries,

We've fixed this bug and if you have a chance, we urgently need users to test the fix in this beta--if you don't have time, don't worry, it will be fixed when we release 2.0.1 very shortly.

Beta link: http://tinyurl.com/6lgnsm

Sorry for the trouble and thanks again for your patience!

(Anyone else who want's to test the beta is also welcome to try it out!)

-Terry

cchris  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2008, 12:58 AM

Thanks Terry, the new beta worked on my book library. Strangely though, it didn't work on the iTunes library, as only 7000 of 60000 tracks were added to DL2.
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

Forum Links
Forum Rules