Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > mass change value currency?

mass change value currency?
JayThree
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2008, 10:34 PM

Last question has no answers yet, but I've already got a new one! I just scanned in my entire library yesterday. Now I notice all the Amazon links take me to the UK store. I determined that the Country field on all the discs were set to UK. I don't know why! It was simple enough to "select all" and mass change all the discs to US. But the currency in the value fields is still in British pounds! Refreshing details has not helped. Is there a way to force a currency change without having to re-scan everything?

JayThree  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 9, 2008, 09:36 PM

Still don't know why it used the UK store, but I have fixed the problem.

I selected every item by clicking one and then using command-a. I then mass changed the country from uk to us. I then deleted the contents of the retail value, current value, and features (some British spellings). This step probably wasn't necessary. Refreshing the data from Amazon did not work. However if you hold down the option key the menu item changes to REVERT to Amazon data. This erases any custom images you put in but fixed my problems by using the US store data.

Despotes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2008, 10:12 AM

Thanks for posting this fix. It worked like a charm, though all of my Amazon UK stuff was tagged 'gb' instead of 'uk'. Weird.

Forum Links
Forum Rules