Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook G4 12" thinks that lid is closed

Powerbook G4 12" thinks that lid is closed
NemeZZiZZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2010, 12:12 PM

I've got Powerbook G4 12", that works normally with the external screen - but inner screen shows nothing. Inner screen is checked - and fully working. Powerbook starts, chimes, then screen flickers a bit - but stays black. I though, that it's hall effect sensor - but I checked it, DC-DC Board - everything works fine.
Suddenly I checked system properties - and found out, that it thinks that notebook is closed.

I already compared this logic board with working one - but found nothing. What is needed to be checked first?

P.S. I forgot to say, that inner keyboard worked fine, but is not working anymore - with screen at once.

Forum Links
Forum Rules