Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > ixMicro Gamerocket (aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhh!)

ixMicro Gamerocket (aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhh!)
instigator
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2001, 03:12 PM

I recently purchased an ixMicro Game Rocket "on-the-cheap", mostly for its 2D capabilities. I am, however, less than impressed with the drivers that I've managed to scrounge up, since ixMicro is "no more". Here's my question:

I've heard whispers on xlr8yourmac.com that this card is exactly the same as Villagetronics MP/850. Does this mean that I could use its drivers and flash rom upgrades? Has anyone tried this out yet?

I'm gonna give the drivers a whirl, I think, but I won't try the flash until I've got some confirmation.

As always, I wait with bated breath for your pearls of wisdom

Misha
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2001, 05:42 PM

I thought the MP/850 was a Voodoo-3 based card... which the GameRocket is not...

instigator  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2001, 06:01 PM

As far as I know both cards are Voodoo Banshee based. I know for certain the Game Rocket is and have a very good idea the MP 850 is, too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules