Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Help with syncing daylite to palm tx

Help with syncing daylite to palm tx
Hamamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2006, 04:26 PM

I did a search of the Forums and didn't find any answers so I'm hoping someone can help out.

I just bought a Palm TX last week and cannot get the syncing to go smoothly. I had the Zire 71 for a couple of years without any syncing problems so I'm familiar with conduits.

I did the inital install and the data in my Palm Desktop did sync between the handheld and my ibook, no problem. I noticed on that initial install that the conduit for Daylite appeared in the Hot Sync manager. but I can not sync to Daylite 1.9.

Could someone tell me how to safely uninstall the Palm software without losing all my contacts in the Palm Desktop? I think I'll just do a new install then do hard reset.

And if anybody has had experience with the Palm TX not syncing with Daylite (not the Beta version) or Entourage, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Hamamac

CatOne
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2006, 05:48 PM

You *have* to have your machine synching successfully before you can use the Daylite Palm conduit.

I wouldn't touch Palm Desktop with a 10-foot pole, though... I use "The Missing Sync" for this purpose, as it's so much nicer.

Note that only one conduit can be installed and working at a time, so installing Daylite's conduit will replace your existing conduit and method of synching.

MarketCircle has a number of knowledge base articles on this -- have a read on their site.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2006, 05:55 PM

double penetration. I mean post.

Hamamac  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by CatOne
You *have* to have your machine synching successfully before you can use the Daylite Palm conduit.

I wouldn't touch Palm Desktop with a 10-foot pole, though... I use "The Missing Sync" for this purpose, as it's so much nicer.

Note that only one conduit can be installed and working at a time, so installing Daylite's conduit will replace your existing conduit and method of synching.

MarketCircle has a number of knowledge base articles on this -- have a read on their site.
Yes, I noticed that when I installed the Daylite conduit separately, then the Desktop conduits,ie addresses, to dos, would vanish. The interesting thing is that when I did the first install of the new Desktop Software the Daylite conduit was included for some unknow reason, but it didn't do a sync.

I've searched the Marketcircle knowledge base articles, but I'm confused. They instruct that I must have Desktop Palm 4.0 or higher installed, yet your're saying not to use it.

Hamamac

CatOne
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hamamac
Yes, I noticed that when I installed the Daylite conduit separately, then the Desktop conduits,ie addresses, to dos, would vanish. The interesting thing is that when I did the first install of the new Desktop Software the Daylite conduit was included for some unknow reason, but it didn't do a sync.

I've searched the Marketcircle knowledge base articles, but I'm confused. They instruct that I must have Desktop Palm 4.0 or higher installed, yet your're saying not to use it.

Hamamac
You need *some* method of synching to the palm. It could be either Palm Desktop, or "The Missing Sync." I vastly prefer the latter. Note this is *or*, at least with Tiger and The Missing Sync 5.

But Marketcircle installs a conduit, which will work with either. Note it MUST replace the default conduits, due to the way Palm devices work.

Hamamac  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2006, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by CatOne
You need *some* method of synching to the palm. It could be either Palm Desktop, or "The Missing Sync." I vastly prefer the latter. Note this is *or*, at least with Tiger and The Missing Sync 5.

But Marketcircle installs a conduit, which will work with either. Note it MUST replace the default conduits, due to the way Palm devices work.
CatOne,

Thanks for hanging in here with me. I am syncing successfully with Palm Desktop--that part's working. My challenge is that most of my contact, appointments, calendar are in Daylite AND Entourage and on my old palm (Zire 71) I was able to sync both programs back and forth between the computer and the handheld without a hitch.

I haven't re-installed Entourage yet as it's not my favorite and in my initial sync log it was causing conflicts so I moved that conduit to the Disabled Conduits folder. I'll tackle that later.

I have installed the Daylite conduit, it does replace the default conduits from Palm Desktop, but there is no syncing happening. The Marketcircle website goes into a lengthy discussion about doing a hard reset and re-installing, but I find that daunting escpecially since I didn't have to
go through all this before.

I'll email their tech support and let you know what they offer.

I'm OS 10.3.9. Where do I get "The Missing Sync"?

Thanks so much--

Hamamac

Forum Links
Forum Rules