Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Got a free Lexmark printer....No driver available...Pls help!

Got a free Lexmark printer....No driver available...Pls help!
thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2006, 09:49 AM

Hi,

I have an iMac Core duo 20 inches but due to my business I had to buy a windows laptop (I know I hate windows too). When I bought this HP laptop I was offered a new printer for free, so I took it. Well it turns out that I have already cut the UPC code and mailed the rebate until I realized that it does not work on macs. Is there an universal driver for all lexmark printers ? I know that, when I bought a joystick that was not compatible with macs, there was an application who would make any joystick work, is there anything of that sort for printer drivers? The model of the printer is Lexmark 2300 series...Any help will be appreciated..
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2006, 10:14 AM

GIMP-Print? THis is installed on OS X by default - so try running the print centre and seeing if theres the option for a lexmark.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006, 01:31 PM

Hi, are you sure the model is 2300? As far as I can tell Lexmark has no "2300" model printer, but possibly did in the past as an old ribbon printer.

What is your printer's actual model number, not series number? On Lexmark's it usually says right on top in silver letters. It will say "Lexmark X2350" or similar right on the printer. You can't miss it.
The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing
- Edmund Burke

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by madmacgames
Hi, are you sure the model is 2300? As far as I can tell Lexmark has no "2300" model printer, but possibly did in the past as an old ribbon printer.

What is your printer's actual model number, not series number? On Lexmark's it usually says right on top in silver letters. It will say "Lexmark X2350" or similar right on the printer. You can't miss it.

Thanks for the reply. Actually the full model is X2350 All in one printer. But the Mac OS shows it as Lexmark 2300....So what should I do in this case? Would this printer work?
( Last edited by thiagofll; Feb 24, 2006 at 10:43 PM. )
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]My Gadgets: 24" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Wireless Mighty Mouse // MacBook Pro 17" 2.44Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM / 8GB Apple iPhone/ JBL Spot/ Canon SD850 w/ 4GB Card/ Canon XTi Rebel Black.[/FONT]

piper16
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2006, 11:24 PM

Hi Im New Here How Do I Get This Lexmark Driver Installation Plese Reply From Piper16

thiagofll  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2006, 12:01 AM

Hey piper, I just sold my printer on eBay...I contacted Lexmark and that specific model does not support Mac and there is no way around it...

Forum Links
Forum Rules