Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Failed to write info to daemon; retval=32, WTF? How2Fix?

Failed to write info to daemon; retval=32, WTF? How2Fix?
Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Mar 10, 2002, 09:19 AM

OK OSXperts, I have a problem and I need your help.

My 800DP has recently started failing to shut down or restart. It sleeps fine, but sometimes doesn't wake up.

I did a verbose boot and saw this error early in the process:
Extension "com.scmmicro.driver.USBATCF" has an invalid "CFBundleVersion" property
and
Extension "com.scmmicro.driver.USBATCF10.1.2" has an invalid "CFBundleVersion" property

And upon shut down I get this (if verbose is activated):
Failed to write info to daemon; retval=32
If verbose is not activated, all I get is a blue screen of death with a spinning beachball of death.

I have repaired the OSX drive (separate partition) with Norton and Tech Tool Deluxe (AppleCare version) but it keeps coming back.

My guess is that it is related to the Compact Flash reader drivers I installed a while back which gave me kernel panics. I stopped using the CF drive, but don't really know how to uninstall the software.

UPDATE: OK, I KNOW it is the USB CF drivers. I am trying to uninstall them. It says I need to login as root. Could someone please tell me how to do that or do I have to do a search? I am not a Unix Xpert.

[ 03-10-2002: Message edited by: Dan Szwarc ]

Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

Dan Szwarc  (op)
Senior User
Mar 10, 2002, 10:07 AM

OK. I got half of it fixed. I used Pseudo to launch another Finder as root, then deleted the files and emptied the trash. Startup error gone, but the shutdown problem remains. Now what do I do?

Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

Forum Links
Forum Rules