Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > How do I print envelopes?

How do I print envelopes?
bk in ky
Apr 8, 2000, 04:28 PM

Hello!

I am trying to print addresses on envelopes on my Epson 740i with Microsoft Word 98 for the Mac (also have iMac). Can anyone walk me through this? I change the format in the page setup, load the envelope in the same place as the paper, move the paper guide to the far right, load the envelope, go through the print commands, and the envelope comes out of the printer unprinted! Thanks in advance for any help.

Mizuymikal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2000, 01:03 PM

In Word go to the tools menu and select Envelopes and labels, enter your information there. This should work.
El gato
600 MHz iMac 512M OS X 10.1.5/ OS 9.2.2

bk in ky
Apr 13, 2000, 12:26 PM

Hello and thanks for the info, I did get a 'system' to work, but the envelope feature in Word is very messy....it's very unclear about feeding and I've gone through about 35 envelopes getting the direction, font etc right....I do appreciate your lead and it was a big help!

APW
Apr 13, 2000, 01:58 PM

If you have Appleworks on your computer, give it a try! It works great for me and gives you step by step instructions on how to go about creating the envelope.

Apr 13, 2000, 06:24 PM

I have been using a shareware program called Envelope Window from www.mothra.net because I found Word too cumbersome for envelope printing. As it's shareware, you can try before you buy.

bk in ky
Apr 14, 2000, 10:10 PM

Good idea and I will check it out! I ended up finally getting one the way I want/need it and I saved it as an 'envelope template', now I just open my 'template' and replace it with my new info....I know this is not really what I want, but for now it will have to work until I can check into better ways. Again, thanks!

drfrank
Forum Regular
Apr 17, 2000, 05:59 PM

I use Office 98 (Word) daily. Once you have it set the way you want, it works fine.

Frank

Forum Links
Forum Rules