Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > *NEW* iMac DV/400 & UMAX Scanner

*NEW* iMac DV/400 & UMAX Scanner
tufdaawg
Baninated
Aug 4, 2000, 11:16 PM

I just got my Ruby iMac DV & UMAX Astra 2100U scanner (which i bought from the Apple Store as a bundle) and can't use the scanner. I have all the proper drivers installed and it is powered directly to the computer.

I get an error message when i first try to scan (when i press the preview button): "Scanner failed to do calibration". in other words, i have yet to scan - it nevers gets past the calibration part.

I called UMAX and they are stumped. Any ideas?

MacNZ
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2000, 06:16 AM

Doesn't sound too good. Check it all the USB ports, hubs or whatever you've done if you haven't already. Sounds like the scanners prob though! Just try reinstalling software too just in case.
Pete C. (PB12" 1.5Ghz 160GB hdd, 1.25GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11)

Mizuymikal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2000, 08:34 AM

I have a iMac DV SE and a Umax 1600U and have a had similar problems that are intermittent. I have found that when it isn't working right that the drivers (as found in the system profiler) are generic drivers and/or unknown drivers (yes, it will sometimes tell me that I have 2 scanners attached). This happens when I am attached through a hub (belkin 4 port) or directly to my iMac.
I'm not sure where the problem lies as when I disconnect the scanner (and when the system tell me that there are two scanners)the system profiler will tell me that I still have a scanner attached.
Hope that this helps
El gato
600 MHz iMac 512M OS X 10.1.5/ OS 9.2.2

Forum Links
Forum Rules