Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Battery Charge?

Battery Charge?
EvanV
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2003, 09:29 PM

Just got my new comp today! Will take Macro pics to show you guys....

Anyways.. I read that Calibrating battery is best. So I turned it on.. Then turned it off. Put in the AC adapter and plugged it in. So it's off now and the ring is amber (orange) and waiting for it to turn green. How long does this take?

-Q-
Nov 19, 2003, 10:37 PM

It'll depend on how much charge the PB had when you got it. No more than two hours I think, usually.

Once it's done charging, go ahead and use it unplugged until you drain the battery, get the 'reserve power warning' and keep going until your screen goes black. The plug it in to charge it fully again. Rinse, lather, repeat once or twice more.

And congrats on the new purchase. Kinda frustrating to let the new toy just sit there charging not playing with it, isn't it?

Forum Links
Forum Rules