Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > SuperDrive Error?

SuperDrive Error?
EvanV
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2004, 06:39 PM

I've been trying to write a disc for the past couple days with a DVD-RW, and I keep getting this error:

Sense Key = Medium Error
Sense Code = 0x51

Is something wrong with my SuperDrive, or just the disc? It's the only DVD-R(W) disc I have as I have two other DVD+R drive's and only use those to burn my files and backups.

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 1, 2004, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by EvanV:
I've been trying to write a disc for the past couple days with a DVD-RW, and I keep getting this error:

Sense Key = Medium Error
Sense Code = 0x51

Is something wrong with my SuperDrive, or just the disc? It's the only DVD-R(W) disc I have as I have two other DVD+R drive's and only use those to burn my files and backups.
It is not necessarily a problem with the media or superdrive persay, but OS X is very picky about what media it will accept, and it does not like yours. I get this same error with Memorex DVD-RW, but TDK DVD-RW are ok. There was a similar thread in the OS X forum the order day. Check it out:
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=195040

Forum Links
Forum Rules