Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > cd cover software

cd cover software
banditcosmo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2004, 07:44 PM

Can someone please help me find the following:
I want to import the track listing from Toast or iTunes to a cd template. Nothing elaborate I just want to print a simple page with the tracks listed and the track #'s. Something like the pic below.

I've tried disclabel, discus but neither worked for me.
On my pc I used Nero which worked great. Burn the cd then import the trackes to their cover editor. Very very simple and no typing required.
Any idea's ?

I think the one thing pc's seem to have a lot more of is cd burning software and mp3 editors. Mac's really seem to be lacking in these area's unless I'm just looking in the wrong places.

mpbritt
Jan 31, 2004, 09:11 PM

The full version of Discus will import playlists directly from Toast, and it will also import a text file that has been exported from an iTunes playlist.

Moonray
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2004, 09:48 PM

If you have and like AppleWorks you can download Apple's iTunes for Mac OS X script collection. There is a script along with some AppleWorks templates that will export the track data from iTunes.

-

Macola
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2004, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by banditcosmo:

I've tried disclabel, discus but neither worked for me.
Specifically, why did Disclabel not work for you? I use it regularly (first on Jaguar and now Panther) and have no problems importing playlists from iTunes.
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

DP Roberts
Feb 1, 2004, 12:12 AM

I personally like UnCoverIt

http://www.iwascoding.com

For the example you provided, you would choose the "Audio" option and select the disc you want to list songs from. It will resize text accordingly to fit on the page.

banditcosmo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2004, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by Macola:
Specifically, why did Disclabel not work for you? I use it regularly (first on Jaguar and now Panther) and have no problems importing playlists from iTunes.
I think mostly I had trouble figuring out how to use Disclabel. Not very intuitive.

Originally posted by DP Roberts:
I personally like UnCoverIt

http://www.iwascoding.com

For the example you provided, you would choose the "Audio" option and select the disc you want to list songs from. It will resize text accordingly to fit on the page.
Thanks DP I think that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2004, 03:10 AM

Disclabel is the best thing I have even seen to handle that... I paid it after my first trial.

OreoCookie
Feb 1, 2004, 03:16 AM

There are also TeX document classes for labelling. That's what I do.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2004, 09:29 AM

You can also get OmniGraffle. Then just download the free script from version tracker for Create iTunes Cover CD and install it. It allows you to create the simple song lists, entire Jewel case inserts for the back (including spines), front cover. It even pulls in the Picture from your album cover if you have onein any of the songs in your playlist. If you have multiple images, it'll create a split cover. You can then go in and do your own tweaking and redesigning, Illustrator style, within Omni.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

Forum Links
Forum Rules