Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Goodness I love my new 17" PB!

Goodness I love my new 17" PB!
hostvisions
Jan 25, 2004, 05:09 PM

Man, this thing is the cat's a$$ !!!

A mobile desktop replacement at last. I can take it on the road, take it to the office, and when I come home all I have to do it open it up and pull the keyboard drawer out which has my bluetooth keyboard and mouse and I am set to go (with the airport wireless connection). I can see myself buying a 20 or 23" cinema at some point but this big 17" display works very well for me at home right now!

Best laptop I've bought. I highly recommend the brenthaven bag too, very solid!

rprata
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2004, 09:52 PM

Yep, just got mine yesterday. Came from a 12" Rev. A PB. This thing is the best machine I've ever owned. Since I have no room for a desktop system at the time, this is the best system to meet my needs. And, it's FAST!

Seqiro
Jan 25, 2004, 10:41 PM

I got mine last month with the expectation that I would use it a lot when I'm not home and occasionally at home when I want to go wireless. The rest of the time, I'd still use my PC.

I hardly ever use the PC now. Windows just seems soooo drab. And when I do use it, I'm usually using remote desktop from my PowerBook.

And I'm a PC Technician by day.

There's only one thing I'll trade my 17" G4 PowerBook for: a 17" G5 PowerBook when it comes out.

Enjoy your new machine!

SEkker
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2004, 12:12 AM

"There's only one thing I'll trade my 17" G4 PowerBook for: a 17" G5 PowerBook when it comes out."

Enjoy!

Podolsky
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2004, 12:44 PM

yes, me too. I have had mine since late October and I love this thing. I was a super upgrade from the 15" Ti. I was so close to getting the 15" Al and so pleased that I took the leap to 17". I am still discovering features that I so appreciate. I hope Apple maintains their committment to this form factor.

Congrats!

guigo
Jan 26, 2004, 01:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Seqiro:
There's only one thing I'll trade my 17" G4 PowerBook for: a 17" G5 PowerBook when it comes out.

You said everything. Once you use 17" display on your lap, it's hard to think about buy a 12 or 15". Enjoy the PB....
best regards
Guilherme
Brazil

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2004, 02:27 AM

"Once you use 17" display on your lap, it's hard to think about buy a 12 or 15"

Me too

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2004, 10:00 AM

Congrats on your new Powerbook. You guys are right when it comes to getting used to that 17inch display. Now when I see a 15inch or smaller display, it just doesn't seem right to me anymore... as in... it's too small for me! I don't think I can ever go back to anything below a 17inch again. Only way I would trade my 17inch Powerbook away is also when the G5 17inch Powerbook comes out.

Enjoy your new beloved Powerbook. ^_^

Ming
( Last edited by nobitacu; Feb 2, 2004 at 09:21 PM. )
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

hikouka
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2004, 10:45 PM

Love my 17 incher as well, especially when people used to Windoss see how easy it is to use and how lovely the wide screen is for night DVD watching
Standard Rev B 17" Powerbook | OS X 10.3.2 | Xbench test result 121.67 | Wacom Intuous 2 tablet | Dr. Bott TiCase 17 | iPod 40G

Jbroad572
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 1, 2004, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by hikouka:
Love my 17 incher as well, especially when people used to Windoss see how easy it is to use and how lovely the wide screen is for night DVD watching
don't you love it? Try going to the bookstore with backlight and the aquarium screensaver. That plus the beauty of the 17" and the dimensions keep people in awe. I love mine too.
17" Apple Powerbook 1.33ghz

Forum Links
Forum Rules