Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > After 15 years, President Bush's dog asks to be put to sleep.

After 15 years, President Bush's dog asks to be put to sleep.
wolfen
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2004, 11:50 PM

Sources say she had faked seizures and tremors for years before Mr. or Mrs. Bush noticed the twitching.

"We just thought she had fleas!" said Mrs. Bush. "The animal therapist told me Spot had a rare psychological disorder that made her fake these twitches. So the therapist performed a number of tests. And sure enough he finally agreed with me that we needed to put an end to the animal's suffering."

Anonymous sources claim the therapist found the dog morbidly depressed and suicidal. An uproar was created when a public relations agent for the dog agent apparently contradicted the official Whitehouse Press release. The official release claimed the dog had suffered health difficulties and needed to be put to sleep. But on Saturday Melvin Finkelstein released the following on behalf of the dog:

"Rumors of Spot asking to be put to sleep due to differences with the president are completely untrue. Spot had simply put in a lot of time as a public servant. Vomiting on the president's valuables and chewing on his shoes, acting on the angst of Americans everywhere, became a 7-day a week job. She simply wanted to spend more time with her creator. And so today, Spot asked to be put to sleep. But at no time did she, herself, indicate to me any feelings of animosity towards the president."

Whitehouse staff are still cleaning a urine stain in the oval office carpet that seems to spell "Dumbass" in 4 european languages. A confidential source confirmed the dog was actually trained in France, and that Mr. Bush often referred to the dog as "lefty liberal." Spot's demise is seen as yet another victory for American values, and a win for conservatives everywhere.

wolfen
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2004, 11:55 PM

M$ is evil.> I posted this in the wrong thread... LOL. > Going to sleepy.
( Last edited by ghost_flash; Feb 22, 2004 at 10:39 AM. )

brapper
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2004, 02:12 AM

....i dont know what to make of this.
go leafs go?

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2004, 02:21 AM

Originally posted by brapper:
....i dont know what to make of this.
go leafs go?
They aren't going anywhere with Belfour on the IR.

Go Sens

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2004, 02:32 AM

Losing a pet can be such a sad loss.

Vpro7
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2004, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by NYCFarmboy:
Losing a pet can be such a sad loss.
True, but losing a President like Bush would be such a gain.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2004, 06:33 AM

A pity. Easily the most agreeable member of the administration. Okay, the only agreeable member. Powell used to be a distant second.
I, ASIMO.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2004, 02:41 PM

The loss of a pet is a very sad situation. They become part of the family.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

hostvisions
Feb 22, 2004, 03:44 PM

This ain't even close to funny for me. I had to put one of my beloved dogs down Friday. Golden Lady of Dublin passed after 11 wonderful years of love and devotion to her master and family. She will be missed.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 22, 2004, 06:41 PM

Euthanasia: good enough for beloved pets, not good enough (according to some of the same people) for beloved humans. Go figure.

Forum Links
Forum Rules