Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 17" 'Book, 1.33GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, 1 mo. old!

FS: 17" 'Book, 1.33GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, 1 mo. old!
JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 7, 2004, 01:51 AM

D'oh! Looks like I have to sell my baby. I love it, but it's just not for me - I need to run around a lot with a computer, and I just can't deal with the physical size. Okay, plus I spent a bit more than I could afford.

So! Selling a 17" PowerBook. Almost one month old. Not a single mark/blemish/mar/scratch on it, I kept it immaculate. Still looks like it came right out of the box.
- 1.33GHz
- 1024MB RAM (Apple 512MB chip & Corsair 512MB chip)
- 80GB HD (4200 RPM)
- SuperDrive, illuminated keyboard, AirPort Extreme, etc.
-- includes an absolutely perfectly placed set of Radtech WildEepz (plus extras) and a Radtech ScreensavRz keyboard/LCD protector (embossed with "PowerBook").
-- includes all original materials: box, manuals & discs, packaging, accessories, etc.
-- I'll leave my (licensed!) software on the drive - Photoshop 7, MS Office v.X, InDesign, Dreamweaver MX.

Retails for $3300 from Apple; I'd like to sell it for $2900. Will cover shipping to anywhere in the US. Please write me with any questions; I can provide photos aplenty for interested buyers.
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

SouthPaW1227
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2004, 11:16 PM

You wouldn't be interested in a maxed out Duallie G4 would you?

Dual G4 PowerMac MDD 1.25Ghz processors w/ 2MB L3 cache per proc.
2GB PC2700 RAM (4x512MB)
nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128MB graphics card OEM w/ ADC & DVI connectors (so you can connect 2 Apple displays w/ one adapter, or dual DVI displays)
80GB HD + 120GB 8MB cache HD
Pioneer DVR-106A DVD- & + R/RW Burner "SuperDrive"
32x DVD/CD-RW "ComboDrive"
I've got Panther installed, as well as FULL versions of Final Cut Pro 4 (w/ all the LiveType software), Soundtrack, iLife '04 w/ the full "JamPack" software suite installed, DVD Studio Pro 2, etc. All these are real installs (not warez).

I have all the original boxes, manuals, etc. and they're all in perfect shape...I even have the foam cover the computer itself comes wrapped in. The white Apple "Pro" keyboard (which isn't being made/sold anymore) is still wrapped in plastic and has never had a finger laid on it. I don't have the factory mouse, but it's one button anyway, and I can toss in a very nice Logitech MX500 that's fully OS X compatible.

Let me know

hostvisions
Mar 9, 2004, 10:30 PM

SouthPaW

I'd be interested in buying our MDD outright, please PM me with a price.

Thanks,

nighttraitor
Mar 10, 2004, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by hostvisions:
SouthPaW

I'd be interested in buying our MDD outright, please PM me with a price.

Thanks,
If that doesn't pan out, I have a very close set-up to that that I might be willing to sell. Let me know.
"Is it because he's a horse?! Or because he has BLINDERS ON?!?!?!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules