Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Lost the Leopard-specific Downloads Folder

Lost the Leopard-specific Downloads Folder
Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2007, 08:27 PM

The Leopard-specific folder for Downloads (with 3D image of arrow on it): I accidentally removed it from dock, and I don't know how to get it back. (My downloads now go into a folder I have in my documents folder; but the iconized folder image isn't on it). It just shows up as a stack with the first item in the stack on top of the folder in the dock.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2007, 09:06 PM

The Downloads folder is in you home folder. You can simply drag it back into the Dock.

Once there are files inside that folder it won't show the folder icon in the Dock any more. You see the icon of one of the files inside. That's a behavior that can be discussed in the "Stacks usability" thread.

Kenstee  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2007, 09:26 PM

Thanks TETENAL!
I just figured this out on my own a couple of minutes ago.
And....I'm really starting to dislike Stacks in a big way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules