Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Broken Ibook G3 (logic board problem), Original Airport Card, brand new battery

FS: Broken Ibook G3 (logic board problem), Original Airport Card, brand new battery
sjohnson615
Dec 28, 2005, 02:52 PM

UPDATE W/ NEW PRICES!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I am in the process of preparing my broken iBook G3 to be sold off for parts, so I figured I would come here first and offer it up to the forum members. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Ibook minus the logic board, so this could be a good way to get a really cheap Ibook if you are willing to repair it. I would have repaired it myself, but I just bought a refurb unit from Apple to give to my fiance in the broken one's place. I would like to get $150 for the broken Ibook plus $20 for shipping to anywhere in the US. If you want the 512 stick in the Ibook, then I will sell the system with the RAM installed for $200 plus the 20 to ship the system.

The RAM deal feel through on the buyers end, so it's back available. 512 stick for the Ibook for 70 shipped to your door.

The specs on the book are as follows:

12 inch model
700 mhz G3
128 RAM
30 gig HDD
Original battery <--still holds a charge for about 2 hours
A/C Adapter <--original Apple adapter

<st>I am also selling the original Airport Card from this machine as well. I would like to get $90 shipped for this if possible. <--- SALE PENDING: but let me know if you are interested in case the sale falls through! <st> SOLD!

So let me know if you are interested in any of these parts!

Paypal preferred please!!! <--same as email address below

Feel free to email any questions you might have to [email protected]

Thanks!

EDIT: The battery has been sold....price knocked down on package deal accordingly. Feel free to make offers on this as well. Some trades may also be considered.
( Last edited by sjohnson615; Jan 6, 2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Updating Items still available)

sledsbehave
Senior User
Dec 28, 2005, 06:24 PM

offer withdrawn
( Last edited by sledsbehave; Dec 29, 2005 at 02:34 PM. )
as ever,
sonny

sjohnson615  (op)
Dec 28, 2005, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by sledsbehave
i got $60 shipped for the 512mb stick of RAM

As in you already bought it and that's the deal you got? or that's what you are offering?

sledsbehave
Senior User
Dec 28, 2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by sjohnson615
As in you already bought it and that's the deal you got? or that's what you are offering?
never mind
as ever,
sonny

sjohnson615  (op)
Dec 29, 2005, 01:16 PM

...um.....ok? that made no sense whatsoever.....

ll350
Dec 29, 2005, 01:34 PM

sent you an email

sledsbehave
Senior User
Dec 29, 2005, 02:01 PM

...um.....ok? that made no sense whatsoever.....
are you 3?

i made an offer, you made a smart ass comment, so i changed my mind...

as in "never mind"....

understand now?
as ever,
sonny

iCeQuBe74
Dec 29, 2005, 02:31 PM

are you 3?

i made an offer, you made a smart ass comment, so i changed my mind...

as in "never mind"....

understand now?
From the way I first read your post, it looked to me as though you were offering advice on how much you got when selling the same stick of RAM and NOT making an offer. He then asked you for a clarification as to what your post meant and you insulted him. I don't think he was tring to be a smartass about it. Just my two cents worth.

Oh also I am interested in the RAM myself. How much for it shipped to 06033?

Thanks
15" Powerbook G4 1Ghz TiBook
60 Gig Black 5th Gen iPod (Video)
1Gig iPod Shuffle

sledsbehave
Senior User
Dec 29, 2005, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by iCeQuBe74
Oh also I am interested in the RAM myself. How much for it shipped to 06033?
that's interesting....

oh i think yr right because i'd like to buy the RAM

either way, i'm no longer interested...
as ever,
sonny

sjohnson615  (op)
Dec 29, 2005, 02:57 PM

that's interesting....

oh i think yr right because i'd like to buy the RAM

either way, i'm no longer interested...

hahah...yea i read your response and was like...wow...

sorry about the confusion...i really wasn't trying to be a smart ass...i was just generally confused as I didn't know (like the other poster said) if you were making an offer or telling me how much you would sell the ram for! So my apologies for any confusion.....

As for selling the Ram individually, I will be more than glad to hook you up with that as soon as I see if the first person that emailed me about it is interested in the computer with the RAM included at the original price shown. As soon as he gets back to me (I've already replied to the email) and let's me know if he wants it or not, I will shoot you a PM and reply here letting you know if the RAM is being sold seperate or not. I just like to be fair to those that reply first....

As for price, if the first person declines the ibook, it seems the going rate on Ebay is 80-100 for this particular kind of RAM, so I'd be willing to let it go for $70 shipped. I've always been a fan of folks giving deals, so might as well give in order to get ...golden rule and all that :-p

Anyway, keep the post coming, and I'll post here as soon as I hear back from the first person.

Thanks!

Sandy Johnson
www.sandyjohnson.net
AIM: sljohnson615
ebay: sjohnson615 (<-- haven't sold on there yet, so all the feedback is from sellers)

sledsbehave
Senior User
Dec 29, 2005, 03:59 PM

hahah...yea i read your response and was like...wow...

sorry about the confusion...i really wasn't trying to be a smart ass...i was just generally confused as I didn't know (like the other poster said) if you were making an offer or telling me how much you would sell the ram for! So my apologies for any confusion.....

As for selling the Ram individually, I will be more than glad to hook you up with that as soon as I see if the first person that emailed me about it is interested in the computer with the RAM included at the original price shown. As soon as he gets back to me (I've already replied to the email) and let's me know if he wants it or not, I will shoot you a PM and reply here letting you know if the RAM is being sold seperate or not. I just like to be fair to those that reply first....

As for price, if the first person declines the ibook, it seems the going rate on Ebay is 80-100 for this particular kind of RAM, so I'd be willing to let it go for $70 shipped. I've always been a fan of folks giving deals, so might as well give in order to get ...golden rule and all that :-p

Anyway, keep the post coming, and I'll post here as soon as I hear back from the first person.

Thanks!

Sandy Johnson
www.sandyjohnson.net
AIM: sljohnson615
ebay: sjohnson615 (<-- haven't sold on there yet, so all the feedback is from sellers)

my mistake then.

if you still want to offer the RAM, i am interested at $70 shipped.
as ever,
sonny

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2005, 05:12 PM

U got the battery still? How much you want for it? LMK

sjohnson615  (op)
Dec 30, 2005, 06:13 PM

Sledsbehave, You got a deal. Shoot me an email at [email protected] or go ahead and paypal me the amount and I'll get it shipped out ASAP after you send your address.

The battery has already been sold unfortunately, and I am now willing to take the best offer on the broken Ibook.

sjohnson615  (op)
Jan 3, 2006, 09:52 AM

Still haven 't heard from sledsbehave on the RAM. So if anyone else is interested in it let me know and we will work something out. Also let me know any offers you want to dish out for any of the remaining stock as well.

Thanks!

kiazer
Jan 3, 2006, 12:20 PM

Airport card still availiable ?

sjohnson615  (op)
Jan 3, 2006, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by kiazer
Airport card still availiable ?

Sure is! I'm asking 90 shipped for it right now!

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2006, 03:01 PM

How much are you asking for the HD?

kiazer
Jan 3, 2006, 04:38 PM

sjohnson615

I would like the airport card --- can you email me at kiazer2002 at yahoo.com and we can work out a way for payment -- possiably paypal ?

sjohnson615  (op)
Jan 3, 2006, 04:49 PM

Email sent. Sale pending!

RAM and Broken ibook still available. With the Ram and Airport card removed, I will let the Ibook go for $150 OBO!

Thanks guys!

sjohnson615  (op)
Jan 3, 2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by bradoesch
How much are you asking for the HD?
Hmm...I'd rather just sell the whole rest of the Ibook instead of chopping it up to take the HDD out of it....so if you want to make an offer on that, let me know!

sjohnson615  (op)
Jan 4, 2006, 01:33 PM

Hmm...I'd rather just sell the whole rest of the Ibook instead of chopping it up to take the HDD out of it....so if you want to make an offer on that, let me know!
Airport Card SOLD!

Ibook and RAM still available at the moment.

kiazer
Jan 9, 2006, 09:40 AM

Received AP card works great !!! Thanks

Shipped fast and great communication !!

Forum Links
Forum Rules