Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Home page problems

Home page problems
John_Engels
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2000, 11:28 AM

Began a photogallery homepage under version 1.0 of iTools, then an additional page. Upgraded to version 1.01, now no access to the additional page. Also unable to empty photos from iDisk...told that I have insufficient privileges. What is the (tb) folder on iDisk? It contains the names of photos I want to get rid of...are these links?

ender
Jan 30, 2000, 08:07 PM

The "tb" folder is the thumbnails folder. The folder is automatically created by the Homepage application, and thumbnails are generated for each picture in your Pictures folder. You may not be able to delete those if the WebObjects application behind Homepage retains ownership of the files. I don't know if or how the folder is updated if you delete the original pictures.

As for not being able to access your pages, are you referring to access via the Homepage application or for just regular web browsing use? I've noticed that there must be a rather "robust" caching on Apple's servers. After I had updated my pages and sent out a note to friends to check it out, at least one person who had NEVER been to my site before got the PREVIOUS version of the pages. Strange...

Forum Links
Forum Rules