Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iphone instability

iphone instability
jeff k
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2014, 06:51 PM

I'm new to the iphone and typed my first emails out today from a park. It said they could not be sent, server not responding and would be put in outbox.
I made it back to a Starbucks and I don't see an outbox or them in sent folder in Mail. They seem to have vanished. Not a great start to iphone Mail. I on Mail/ Yosemite.

Also, NOTES. Ive been using notes ok for two weeks, but right after that my one note, just disappeared. Gone. I'm made another note, same thing.

Oh, and a couple of days ago, at home on the laptop I saw with my own eyes, 5 emails in the inbox vanish. I did, however, find them in the trash in mail.

Lot of instability since going to imap, icloud, and now iphone. thanks. any ideas appreciated.

ibook_steve
Dec 10, 2014, 02:36 AM

Log out of icloud then log back in ("Sign out" in iCloud preferences in the Settings).

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2014, 02:47 AM

thanks Steve where do I do this on the laptop/ desktop or the iphone? Then what will happen?

ibook_steve
Dec 10, 2014, 09:41 AM

I just said to do it in the iCloud settings in the preferences, both on the phone and on the Mac.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2014, 02:42 PM

thanks Steve, it says all documents stored will be deleted from that Mac. What are the ramifications of that? Does not sound too good.

What do you think will happen? Will my note come back? Will the emails on the phone then send?

Forum Links
Forum Rules